Tea Partyers: Gays Too Powerful, Blacks should just try harder

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jun 7, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nope- no homophobia or racism here at all :rolleyes::

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/06/Tea_Partiers_Gays_Too_Powerful/

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sounds about right :eek: :rolleyes:.

Seriously this blows away the argument that the Tea Party aren't homophobic racists, its not just a small minority here.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Having seen it with my own eyes and experienced the group a few times personally, I already knew that. This just confirms it.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And here I was thinking that we Jews had all the power. Now it's the gays. Dammit Lee, I want my power back!

I find it amazing that the two groups the bigots complain have the most power are perhaps the two least represented groups in Congress and have never had anyone from that group elected as president. What f***ed up though process does one use to make that claim?

And the "blacks should try harder" bit....again, how can the tea party make the claim that they're not the party of racists when data like this is released?

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The tea parties are just about the economy and massive spending and nothing more ooh an anonymous poll blacks are lazy and I don't like gays and it is all their fault they are destroying America.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It would have been more insightful if the same poll was conduct from a random population sample as well for comparison. The results, while unsavory, were predictable.

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's astonishing, isn't it? How do they come to this conclusion? Now that we're verging on equal rights and have a little bit of representation, all of a sudden we have too much power? Seriously?

8. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Seeing that my girlfriend's father is a tea party person and he says the same thing, though he tends to drop the n word at times when he makes the reference to lazy people... can't call him on it because he is darker than she is (mom was white)

Most people can do better, it just to easy to give up in a society which goes out of its way to tell people "its okay, the deck is stacked against you... here let me help you because you could never do it without my help". Condescending to the max. Really, stories like this only enforce the liberal tripe that blacks really can't do better - how dare those evil tea party people claim they could! After all we all know if it wasn't for the altruistic attitude of those ever so intellectual libs, well the black people would not stand a chance.

Sorry, but millions do just fine and better. I work with people of all races and guess what, we are all the same. The lazy ones bitch and moan about their lack of position/stuff/etc while those who work at it eventually get what they want.

The difference between the successful and not successful is the former don't give up when something goes wrong, they adjust and try again.

I don't care one whit about gay marriage but I agree with the immigration law of Arizona.... so where does that place me?

9. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    You'd have to be a right tool to consider equality a power struggle, rather than a goal to be reached

10. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Oh, come on. You know very well that "too much" means "any." :rolleyes:

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Gays need to get back in the closet. Women need to get back in the kitchen. Blacks need to get back in the fields. Orientals need to lay some track.

Wow, sorry, I was channelling my inner-GOP.

12. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course. That's all it takes. Just try a little harder. There's no other reason for poverty than laziness. I'm sorry, I forgot stupidity. :rolleyes:

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What about the Man?

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

MY INNER GOP IS THE MAN!

15. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I had a touch of inner GOP last night. Had to run to the toilet at 3am. Think the shrimp on my pizza might have been off.

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Your inner GOP was touching your lower colon, but it had to be late at night because they never admit to being what they are.

17. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Actually that is all it takes for anyone. Every sane individual in America has the ability to change their current conditions.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Remember when tea partiers said they were only there to make sure that the government didn't get too much power? Not surprisingly it's just a cheap reinvention of the republican party, with 30% more bigotry.

20. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If you want a little cash, my understanding is that there is a production company in the valley that might need someone to fill in.

(edit) Hey ZA, you should apply, they pay less than minimum wage!

(edit2) Butt you get (friends w/) benefits!

21. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Wait a minute. using their "logic"... if a Black person is gay, is that working harder, or cheating the system?

22. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Once you cheat the system, it's only a matter of time before you fistem.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Depends on their boss's type and sexual orientation.

24. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Keep believing that it's that simple and the problem will never get better.

They are a double threat! Too much power and they don't try hard enough! :)

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I can only imagine how much I don't ever want to be on the receiving end of that claim. Hey, you don't have enough power, and you're not trying hard enough!

OUCH!