Teabaggers turn to violence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Mar 24, 2010.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

FBI investigates Virginia incident
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34934.html
    Law enforcement authorities are investigating the discovery of a cut propane gas line at the Virginia home of Rep. Tom Perriello’s (D-Va.) brother, whose address was targeted by tea party activists angry at the congressman’s vote for the health care bill....POLITICO reported on Monday that Mike Troxel, an organizer for the Lynchburg Tea Party, posted on his blog what he thought was the congressman’s address, encouraging tea party activists to “drop by.” The address has since been posted on websites of at least one other local tea party activist.

The backlash: Reform turns personal
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34907.html
    Vandals broke windows at Slaughter’s office in New York and Gabrielle Giffords’s office in Arizona. And angry voters are planning to protest this weekend at the home of Steve Driehaus — who’s already seen a photograph of his children used in a newspaper ad published by reform opponents...Slaughter, a Democrat who chairs the House Rules Committee, said a caller to her office last week vowed to send snipers to “kill the children of the members who voted yes.”... Stupak, the Michigan Democrat whose last-minute compromise on abortion guaranteed passage of the bill Sunday, said callers have left messages for him saying, “You’re dead; we know where you live; we’ll get you.” “My wife still can’t answer the phone,” Stupak told POLITICO Tuesday. The messages are “full of obscenities if she leaves it plugged in. In my office, we can’t get a phone out. It’s just bombarded.”

I support rounding up everyone one of these *******s making threats and sending them down to Gitmo. They're domestic terrorists, plain and simple, and deserve the same treatment we give to other terrorists.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I just posted this in the other Tea Publican thread. It may need its own thread.

Tea Publicans are looking more like terrorists every day.

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

And I just uncovered this little gem:

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...direction_strikes_critics_of_perriello/54021/

The Washington-based political newspaper Politico reported Monday a Lynchburg Tea Party member posted the address, which he believed to be Perriello’s, on his blog. After seeing the blog, Danville Tea Party Leader Nigel Coleman posted the same address on his Facebook profile, which is not limited to only his Facebook “friends.”
    “This is Rep. Thomas Stuart Price Perriello’s home address,” Coleman wrote Monday. “… I ain’t holding back anymore!!”
    When Coleman learned the address was actually Perriello’s brother’s — Politico reported he and his wife have four young children — Coleman commented on another blog that the mistake was “collateral damage.”
    “Do you mean I posted his brother’s address on my Facebook?” Coleman wrote. “Oh well, collateral damage.”

I think that mother****er deserves an all expenses paid vacation to Cuba.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yet it does have its upside. We shall see how the general public reacts to this kind of behavior. Typically it would not be with approval.

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Then guess who will change their tune and start whining about suspected terrorist's rights?

7. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Absolutely disgusting.

Terrorists and hate mongers at its finest.

"Stay Classy Tea Publicans" - rdowns

8. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

it was only a matter of time. This should not be surprising to anyone.

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

And to think they are anti-Islamic because of terrorism! :rolleyes:

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Let me see, who has been instumental in driving the teabaggers to the level that this is considered acceptable behavior? How is that media outlet addressing the situation? What manner of recourse would be available to the nation to stop this (un-) civil war from escalating?

11. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I will be watching this one fairly closely to see what the FBI and CIA do about it.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

13. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Just to clarify and out of curiosity. You are okay with labeling U.S. Citizens as terrorists and denying them the constitutional right of due process?

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't think we have enough space in the prisons for all the lawyers and politicians. ;)

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

16. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I am OK with labeling them as terrorists if they are terrorists. I am not OK with denying due process. But I would be OK with them spending time in Gitmo after getting a trial and being convicted.

17. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Thanks, I agree.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If crimes were committed then they should be prosecuted.

However, it is not just Teaparty members that do bad things. Prop 8 opponents in California have posted this little gem

19. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

That should read Prop 8 opponents. Prop 8 supporters are the bigots that donated the money.

20. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I hope Beck and the other leaders of this movement come out and condemn these people. I know Beck always campaigns against people resorting to violence so I hope he specifically addresses this.

21. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Beck can't condemn these people. Nutjobs like this are his audience. If he pisses them off, they stop watching, he no longer has a job.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What's wrong with that? People should know who voted to take away their rights and be able boycott their businesses as a result. I don't remember anyone cutting people's gas lines or breaking down doors over that.

They won't. They helped to create it. They're proud of it.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks for the correction.

But how is this better than listing the address of a politician's brother?

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What if these are the locations of the peoples' homes?

As for disclosure, that is fine by me. But putting up this map is no different than listing a politician's address, although they should have gotten the correct one.