Teacher accused of child molestation for urinating in trash can

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samiwas, May 19, 2011.

1. samiwas, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

samiwas macrumors 65816

OK, obviously, what this man did is pretty unacceptable, but does it really warrant an aggravated child molestation charge? That kind of charge can carry decades in jail and obviously placement on the sexual offender registry.

To me, this should carry little more than a slap on the wrist...probably a fine and no more than 30 days in jail, if jail is indeed really necessary.

It seems to me that this is some extreme over-reaction.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I am going to assume you just copied the article title and put it as the subject line so I will not fault you for that. Instead that just goes to show me how bad the mass media is at spinning the truth.

I am with you this should be nothing more than really hard slap on the wrist, minor jail time, and not being allowed to sub any more or work with kids but should not require signing on the sex offenders list and what not.

I will say the guy made some very piss poor choice there. He could of easily left the class room to go to the bathroom really quickly.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It seems like some information is being left out as well, such as why he felt the need to pee in the trash can in the first place.

4. samiwas, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

samiwas thread starter macrumors 65816

No, I typed it wrong when I put in the title. I did not mean to imply that he was convicted...I just typed the wrong word. Mods...can this be changed?

I see what you did there.

The article does state that he hasn't admitted to it yet, so the reason isn't known. All I can gather is that he had to go really bad, may not have full control due to age (he's 60, but looks much older), and maybe they have a policy of not ever leaving the classroom full of 10-year-olds.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why is he taking a leak in the garbage can in the first place? :confused:

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is this really "aggravated" child molestation? He didn't actually touch the kids or anything, did he? :confused:

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The teacher urinated in a trash can in class--I really think that deserves more than a slap on the wrist. I think child molestation is excessive (since he didn't touch any students) but a lower level charge is probably warranted.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he had some medical condition, but as a kid I had been in several classes where the teacher had to suddenly run out to the bathroom. No need to go in class unless the point was to expose himself and maybe see who turned around to look.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

He should have watched this video to learn how to piss in public.

I've used the car trick before.;)

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

you can go edit your post and change the subject. Just say go advance.

As for info being left out I agree. He could of easily had prostate cancer treatment and my understanding is one of the side effects of it is sometimes when you got to go you got to go. You can not hold it in as well. My grandfather has had to stop more than once on the side of the road since his treatment because he could not hold it for another 5 mins to get home. The mussels there are weakend forever from the treatment.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

What a sick bastard, the nearest bathroom might've been 10-15 steps away...

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll reserve my snide comments until we have more of this story. :D

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He very well could have an illness. There is just too much info left out of this story to really form an opinion.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't need any more info to form my opinion.

While child molestation is probably an overstatement, to me it's clear that he is not suited to teach school.

14. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

How far away were the toilets in that school? Were they out of order?

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Does it matter?

Can you imagine a scenario where the best solution is the one the teacher resorted to?

Only if held hostage, and hours into it, could I see doing something like that.

16. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I was just wondering if this could be a reason why? It does seem strange. I suppose he could have just used the sink if the mens was clogged

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

There's way too much missing in that article to say what the hell was going on, but it does sound like the teacher did warn the kids to look away... not quite the act of a person wanting to harm or exploit a child. But to a point urinating publicly in the presence of children seem entirely rational with the information presented.

I'm not ready to judge they guy just yet. This really needs more explanation.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

the problem is the title of this thread and article are still incorrect. THe guy is a substitute teacher. This means the bar is MUCH MUCH LOWER. It should say Substitute Teacher accused. Not Teacher accused and I say the mods need to correct that.

And looking threw it I can see a lot of information missing but I agree the guy should not be a sub.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Umm go read my post on examples of how things can change. My grandfather who has had prostate cancer has had to stop more than once on the side of the road to go pee because he could not hold it 5 more minus. Inbetween the time he felt he needed to go and having to go was less than pretty low as well. We are talking minutes here. It is not like the oh I need to go to the bathroom and I can hold it for a little while longer it. It was the I have to go NOW from not needing to go at all.

20. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it seems that under Georgia law you don't actually touch a kid to commit "child molestation"

"aggravated" seems to require some sort of "injury" to the child

link

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Then I would think a little medical leave would be in order.

It's never acceptable to pee in the trashcan.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He made a bad decision, and if it is for a medical reason he probably shouldn't be working in a job, where he can't quickly get to the bathroom. That said, I think that it is ridiculous to call it child molestation, it's not like he touched or did anything to the kids. I'd be shocked if any of them would even remember it in 4 or 5 years.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

that the thing it is a hit or miss thing. It is not really something you need medical leave for. It is just boom you gotta ago and a side effect of prostate cancer treatment. It is that way for the rest of their lives.
    Like I said before not exactly what he did was acceptable but it explains why. He could of had it worse. Most of the time these people are fine it is just these things that hit with out knowing it.

24. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) I'll bet he was trying to satisfy urological desires, not sexual ones.
    2) He possibly has a medical condition causing urinary urgency.
    3) He, as a substitute, was possible told to NEVER leave the classroom unattended.
    4) His JUDGEMENT and therefore ability to serve as a substitute teacher is questionable.

I sincerely doubt this was sexual, therefore it was not molestation. But we don't have all the facts.

25. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

He could've p*ssed his pants. Would've been funny for the kids and he wouldn't've been charged with anything.