Teacher having sex with an student again... but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
A disgraceful act of abnegating responsibilty... just because she looks like a 'supermodel' doesn't mean it's OK...

OK?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Blue Velvet said:
A disgraceful act of abnegating responsibilty... just because she looks like a 'supermodel' doesn't mean it's OK...

OK?
Yeah...this is a serious problem with the whole issue of women in power over children commiting acts of sexual abuse or exploitation...teenage boys are taught by culture that they always want it, especially with any woman who is beautiful....and so there is an appearance of a lack of wrongdoing because the little boy doesn't cry out that he is a victim....

But the whole point of sexual abuse of school children by adult teachers is that these children are unable to be consenting partners in this kind of relationship because of the imbalance of power and age between themselves and the teachers. Are we really so sure that teenage boys can handle this kind of relationship without having negative consequences? Why do we think teenage boys are somehow magically invincible to the harms of this, in ways that girls are not? :(

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
To mymemory:

Sorry dog, you're a bit old for her tastes I think. :rolleyes:

Maybe her bad marriage put her off her rocker a bit? Then again her husband could have found out about her after class "lessons".

We had a similar incident happen at our high school. The girl's volleyball coach was sleeping with one of the girls. It was the worst kept secret, but nothing happened about it and they got married after she graduated - I guess the parents were OK with their 18-year old seeing a 45 year old teacher. :eek:

Who says age is just a number? :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Let's just flip it around

Male teacher 27, sleeps with female student 13...

Sounds nasty, huh?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
mymemory said:
Have you seen the teacher??? I mean she is a super model!!! the kid was 13 years old, stupid enough (in this case) to tell his parents I may say.
Stupid to tell his parents that his teacher was having sex with him? Why? Because she's attractive? If an attractive male teacher has sex with his female student, is it also okay?

Edit: I was typing as BV submitted and beat me to the flip situation.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Are we really so sure that teenage boys can handle this kind of relationship without having negative consequences? Why do we think teenage boys are somehow magically invincible to the harms of this, in ways that girls are not? :(
We think this because males are "supposed" to enjoy this type of thing. It's something you brag about to your friends, not something you hide. I don't think there have been many studies or such on the long-term impact.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
I guess this just goes to show guys that you're either born with charm or you're not--there is only so much you can teach.

Having said that, I want to call this kid and ask for advice. Or better yet, call the teacher and ask for tutoring.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
apple2991 said:
Or better yet, call the teacher and ask for tutoring.
Was just waiting for these kind of comments... look past the person and see the role, the job, the responsibility...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Blue Velvet said:

Sounds nasty, huh?
Young teacher, the subject of schoolgirl fantasy...

It's nasty either way...

I remember during high school how we used to joke around about one of our young, attractive teachers - but we didn't really know what the heck we were talking about. There is a LOT of growing up that takes place in the 10 years after high school. I don't blame the students because they don't neccesarily realize what they're getting into, but for a boy that age it's something you're supposed to want, or so society says. So if anything they may feel pressured into it, but it can really cause a lot of emotional damage - even without the media firestorm that results.

Don't stand, Don't stand, Don't stand so close to me...

I had to do it, the song popped into my head all the sudden. Apologies. :eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Is that the only pic you have to make the decision that she's a super model? I think you'll need more to go on there...

As for the whole thing, its just not right.

D

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Blue Velvet said:
Was just waiting for these kind of comments... look past the person and see the role, the job, the responsibility...
Was just waiting for these kinds of responses... look past the joke and see that my comment has absolutely no bearing on anything in this world except MAYBE soliciting one or two chuckles...

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
Peterkro said:
Two 13 year olds having consensual sex I can understand.A adult having sex with a child I don't understand(why would you want to).I know it happens I just cannot relate to the type of mindset required.
I swear, every article that my coworkers email around to discuss @ work ends up on here.

The part about the article that is provoking the most heated discussion is the fact that a lawyer was quoted as saying she would only get a few years in prison. If this were a 27 year old man w/ a girl it would be 10+ years... a 27 year old man w/ a boy...

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its wrong for a teacher to take advantage of a kid, whether or not he thinks it is wrong, he is not in the right state of mind, or comparable state of mind to the older woman, plain and simple

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Blue Velvet said:

Sounds nasty, huh?
Nooooo, it's a dream come true :rolleyes:

But I was reading another article and this is the utopy of the situation...

To this teacher that was having sex with a kid she may get some 100 years (in theory) in prisson. But another article about a 26 year old girl cutting the scalp off of a 18 yol girl (if I remember well) can get up to 7 years in prisson!!!

I think the relationship of the punishment should be the other way around. It reminds me again the South Park episode where all the kids were palying like ninjas and hurting each other but everybody got terrify when Kartman showed his pennis in public and there was when all the town had a meeting because of that while Butters ahd a ninja start on his eye at the hospital.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
mymemory said:
I think the relationship of the punishment should be the other way around. It reminds me again the South Park episode where all the kids were palying like ninjas and hurting each other but everybody got terrify when Kartman showed his pennis in public and there was when all the town had a meeting because of that while Butters ahd a ninja start on his eye at the hospital.
I always found southpark to be an enlightening source for deep social commentary... :rolleyes:

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Blue Velvet said:

Sounds nasty, huh?
Well the fact is that is not like that. I mean, one thing is to ahve a sexual fantasy and another one is to take it to the real thing.

The girl having things with the kid as an isolated case is not a big theal, the problem is IF the girl get pregnant, he is a minor and not capable of assuming certain rolls in society and that is why she is doing wrong.

Is more a situation of control over society behaviours. I do think 100 years in jail is too much and unrealistic, she cuold get 6 months or so. I think that the penalty is so out of proportion because many men wouldn't care about spending 6 month after having something with a 14 yo girl.

What is having me sick is comparing to the other article of the scalping girl and getting probably 7 years at the most, I mean, what is going on?

By the way, I do not mean that because she was hot everything was right, do not put words in my mouth because I haven't say such thing.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
totally sick... i personally feel that any and all jokes are completely inappropriate. had it been a male teacher, everyone would be repulsed. no jokes would be made. sexual assult is sexual assult is sexual assult. :confused:

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
gwuMACaddict said:
had it been a male teacher, everyone would be repulsed.
Speak for yourself, Chief.

Not that it isn't a repulsive thing to do (it is), but what good is it to sit here behind my monitor feeling upset or angry? No more good than making a stupid little joke about it. I don't feel the need to cleanse my conscience by an obligatory 30-second guilt or anger session, followed by an "I agree." Although I think what this woman did is horrible, how we react to it will have no effect on her, her trial, or even our lives once you click the red circle, top left. So why be all morose and get depressed about it?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
mymemory said:
the problem is IF the girl get pregnant, he is a minor and not capable of assuming certain rolls in society and that is why she is doing wrong.
No. Why it's wrong is:

She is in a position of responsibility and guardianship over a child.

She's not a girl, she's a grown woman... an adult. I think becoming pregnant is the least of her worries. Being convicted and probably never being able to have a job that involves working with children again, let alone any job, may be more on her mind at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.