Teacher Mocks Student Over bin Laden Death

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 5, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

WTF is wrong with some people?

Link

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Wow, that's just wrong. Forget suspended, he should be immediately fired. I also expect a lawsuit against the teacher, school, and district.

4. iLucas macrumors 6502

I agree that he should be fired. Theres no excuse to single out a student like that, no matter what religion or race.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

From the article

They are following the proper procedure, once the investigation has occured if he was found to have said it then I am sure he will be sacked.

6. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Wow say goodbye to your career buddy you deserve whats coming to you.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Some people are just *******s, you should know this by now.

8. rovex macrumors 65816

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Some people should not be shaping young minds.

10. dime21 macrumors 6502

x2. Disgusting behavior on the teachers part. Sadly, this teacher will not be fired, nor demoted, nor penalized in any significant way. The teachers unions all protect scum like this and prevent them from facing any consequences. At worst, she'll be transferred to another school within the same district. :mad:

11. codymac macrumors 6502

No. Have the teacher give a formal apology and address, in person, to the entire student body regarding his actions and diversity.

Then sack him.

12. Rodimus Prime, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Safe to say the teacher will be fired. They are just following proper procedure and they will have this wrap up by the end of the summer. They have no real rush because no way they can finish it before the end of May so therefor they will have to pay him and provide benefits threw August. Remember teachers are paid for 9 months out of the year but paid out over 12 months so they basically have to pay him what he is legally owed per his contract. But he will be fired

Also he can kiss his career good bye because he will not be able to use a single recommendation from his former district and him not be eligible for rehire is a very bad sign for a teacher.

Honestly I would say yes it is just bad luck that it happen in Texas. It could of easily happen in any state. There are bad Apple in all 50 of them.

Hey a Texas School district is doing the right thing firing a bad Apple teacher for this.

Texas does not have teacher unions. They can not legally form here in this state. Figured I would point this out to you. Once they are placed on administrative leave it is a safe bet they will be fired. Right now it is more going threw the motions to fire the teacher. It will be completed by the end of the summer.

Add to it after I saw the link to which HS. I can promise that that Clear Creek ISD WILL be firing that teacher. No if and or buts about it. Clear Creek ISD will not be transferring that teacher to another HS. They will be firing him. Plus with the budget cuts it is just an easy way to get ride of another teacher and hire in a new one fresh out of school in his place which is a lot cheaper.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The right never misses an opportunity to bash unions, facts be damned.

14. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice try but no teacher unions on Texas. Also, the teacher was a man, not a woman. Other than that, I think you were spot on. :rolleyes:

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yep. And I know CCISD will not protect this teacher. Safe to say that teacher will be sack and they can kiss getting a job anywhere in Houston good bye because when a district the size of CCISD fires you none of the smaller ones in the area will want to touch you with a 10 ft pole.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ignorant, prejudiced, harassing, stupidity, aggressive, assumptive, extreme poor taste, inappropriate, sexist, religophobe- a long list of what is not desirable in a teacher, especially who deals with children.

17. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

A few things I would like to add to this conversation--seeing as how I am a teacher in Texas.

First, there are teacher unions in Texas--they aren't your traditional unions and are by no means "closed shop" situations, but they do exist and provide legal council etc for their members. They aren't true unions in the sense but at least will provide some benefits...although, I'm not a member of any of them.
    http://www.atpe.org/
    http://www.tx.aft.org/
    There are more but my interwebs here is being idiotic.

Second, I grew up in Deer Park, which is very close to CCISD and wow that just amazes me that a district that is so large had such a closed minded employee in the first place. Especially seeing as how CCISD is the school district that encompasses most of the employees of the Johnson Space Center/NASA and as such has quite a varied population--much more so than Deer Park anyways (White bread with mayonaise and milk)

I think that teacher is an absolute and complete disgrace to the teaching profession and it really hurts me personally that he would do that.

I know that, I myself, try to enlighten my kids and spread cultural and societal acceptance--but I'm able to do that mostly because I teach World History and it is a big part of our curriculum. I teach in a VERY small town and many of these kids are fed complete and utter bullsilt at home by their parents and other members of their immediate circle about all things "not just like us" and I am constantly bombarded by my kids with questions and general statements with them wanting accuracy or an understanding. My kids have learned through this year how to take something that comes from a biased source (all of them really) and evaluate it's relevance and accuracy. They also know and now are very good at researching the statements of others and are very open to other cultures, religions, languages and understand the importance of diversity. Thank goodness for this.

I hope this serves as a lesson for others--what a shame.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks for hanging in there as a teacher. Sounds like we need more of your kind. Hopefully they won't come after you with pitchforks. ;)

19. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Thank you for the kind words.

I was actually just promoted to "department head" so it seems that some are behind me.

My principal is THE BEST person in my corner--on all issues. He is very very understanding about so much and has stood up for me on numerous ocassions (meaning, he doesn't care "what" someone is as long as they are a good teacher and good for the kids--if you catch my drift)

I just want these kids to see a different side. They make their own choices and I force NOTHING on them but so often, THEY ask questions and THEY bring up topics they want to discuss--I give them what I know and we often have group/class discussions but I encourage them to look stuff up on their own and don't just settle for what one person says.

I've even backed this up with examples from chain emails that I have debunked. I believe they respect me for that--and over time the rest of the faculty has come to respect me more and more each year. Yes, I'm more liberal than most of them but I don't step on their toes, am not militant in my beliefs (hardly ever letting them show in the first place) and I am all about open minds. I am young but I am trying to change the mindset/culture here.

The kids in my area very rarely get "out" while young--some never even visiting Dallas (45 miles away) due to financial reasons--so I try to expose them to as much as possible. As our school gets more and more "new blood" we ARE changing the culture here and I am proud to be a part of that trend.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

That is kind of depressing that they never even get to see Dallas which is only an hour away.
    My mom is a teacher in CCISD and my brother is more than likely to going to be hired by CCISD but that being said you are a rarity in teachers because in that environment you are in you risk major burn out because I am assuming that parents do not value education that much and what not. Very few teachers are able to stand being in that environment long.
    I know my mom has said she could never teach in an environment like that very long because it would burn her out because she cares to much about her students..

21. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Long gone are the days when a teacher - at least a tenured teacher - can be fired immediately after an incident.

22. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

I know what you mean, but I think the reason I don't feel the burn out effect is because I do see a positive change occuring in the community here. And I hope I can continue that. I know that the tide is turning, you know what I mean?

23. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

Firing the teacher ultimately I can understand but what would a lawsuit accomplish except to enrich lawyers and impoverish the tax payer? A simple firing of the person in question and a public apology from the school should be enough.

24. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

It's possible that the girl could file a civil suit against the individual and not involve the school.

25. wpotere Guest

Oi! To Coventry with you.... :p

Sadly, this type of hatred is all over right now. :(