teaching at the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Has anyone had any experience with the lab schools? anyone know what the average starting pay is? students? I know it's in a undesirable part of chicago but are the students pretty good?

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
anyone from chicago have insight here?

Comment

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
from the inevitable wikipedia article

It is affiliated with the University of Chicago, and about half the students have a parent who is an employee of the university (and thereby receive a discount off the full tuition, normally as much as $20,000 per year).[1]

It is among the top five feeder institutions in the nation for elite colleges according to the Wall Street Journal.[2][3] The student body is about 60% white and contains over 44 nationalities.

The school has over 1,700 students currently enrolled, though there are plans to increase the size.[citation needed] Ninety-nine percent of each graduating class enrolls in a four-year college or university
I'm not from Chicago but was doing some biography research a few months ago and that's when I first heard of the place. Friends who live in chicago told me it's considered a pretty top notch school.

Comment

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
UChicago is one of the best universities in the country and world. It's on par with all of the Ivy League universities. This past year, their enrollment went up about 200% because many of the Ivies removed their early action, so lots of students applied to UC over them...

That should tell you something about the kinds of students there.

Comment

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
thanks! I know of the reputation of u chicago but didn't know the lab school was so good. I really hope I get the job. anyone know where I might find salary information?

Comment