Team Fortress 2 crashing a lot in Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by djrod, Oct 19, 2011.

1. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

Hi, i'm the only one having problems with TF in Lion?

The thing is almost unplayable now, It crashes a lot!

2. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Same issues with Windows, and its quite widespread. The last update broke something big, seems like.

3. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Nope, u r not the only one. I just tried to play a game, but it just keeps crashing and I keep getting the rainbow circle anytime I try to connect to a game.

4. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

The Halloween Update seems to have fixed the crashes, for me at least.

5. djrod thread starter macrumors 65816

djrod

Loading steam app right now, thanks!

6. kingtj macrumors 68020

Yep....

I was noticing a LOT of TF2 crashes in Lion, right around the release of their "Manniversary" update (but also at the same time Apple released OS X 10.7.2, making it hard to tell exactly what was the culprit).

Since Windows users were complaining too though, pretty sure it was the TF2 update causing most, if not all, of the issues.

Anyway, I played it quite a bit over the weekend without any crashes so the latest update seems to have fixed it again!

(I will say though, I noticed a few times when the gameplay appeared to freeze momentarily, and then picked right back up where it left off. I got the feeling that was a spot where I would have seen a crash before. So I'm wondering if Valve coded more of a work-around than a total fix, so if something fails/crashes internally, it just resets and continues now?)

7. tactician1016 macrumors regular

tactician1016

Pretty sure it's just from the "Manniversary" update, as I've noticed a LOT of Windows users on the Steam forums talking about it. It worked fine before that update, so be patient I'd say.

8. W1MRK macrumors 6502

I have had nothing but issues with steam and HL.source crashing since the steam update.

9. 50548 Guest

Absolutely ZERO crashes here under Lion (TF2, L4D2 etc.)...and I am playing this thing a LOT lately.