Team Obama's Magic Act -- Rise of Deportations Hides Drop in Immigration Enforcement

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

The Minimum? If he's doing more than GWB, and all he's doing is the minimum, then what was GWB doing?

Plus, if you read the rest of the article, he's focused our efforts on deporting real criminals, not just people who merely immigrated illegally.

I think this may explain how FoxNews can argue with a straight face that tax cuts for wealthy people will somehow help poor people. Up is down, black is white, and stock brokers are "job creators."

2. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

How any more threads can we expect you to start today based (sarcastically) upon a FoxNews article?

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Cats and dogs living together! MASS HYSTERIA!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

On the same day, Fox News is running a piece on how to pay someone else to pick up your dog's poop. Very appropriate, n'est-ce pas?

Is there at least some investigative journalism piece you can at least link to, even if it comes from Fox, as opposed to an op-ed?

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

When they're this pathetic, probably as many as show up. Funny how neither you, nor OG, can say anything to criticize these pathetic articles, but yet you find plenty of time to criticize others just for bringing them to our attention.

6. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Criticizing? No, I was genuinely curious if these two threads were part of a day-long campaign against FoxNews. So, I thought I'd ask.

I've said it several times before, both in threads and in messages to mcrain; I generally enjoy debating him. We differ on most things, but it's a good time.

If I were to, as you say, "criticize" him, I'm not sure how I would go about doing it. I've heard of people getting personal with their criticisms around her, like telling someone, "Your post is pathetic. GTFO until you grow up." But that's not really my style.

Appreciate your interest, leekohler. Glad you jumped in.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well, Leek, this isn't necessarily a thread about immigration, its about the coverage of fox news.

Repeat after me: foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,foxnoosbad,.....(drools on keyboard)

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- because you NEVER get personal. :rolleyes: And yes, that is your style. And what is with your obsession with me, man? Seriously, it's getting creepy.

Again, do you have anything to comment on regarding the subject of the thread?

9. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Because over the past year, you have turned into a bully in the PRSI. (See above-referenced quote. Happy to find more.) And I am hopeful the PRSI can return to what it once was.

Glad you asked.

10. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

I only start threads based on what I find interesting. In this case, it is the right wing nut-jobs trying to convince people that an increase in enforcement is somehow not an increase in enforcement.

It's important to point out at the outset, lest fools like, well, fools, be suckered into believing their BS.

(edit) I'm assuming you don't want to debate this particular point...

11. leekohler, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And you haven't? I could look up examples for you as well, like when you tell people that you don't have the time to look things up because you're too busy working (implying that no one else does), or when you merely comment on the poster and not the content of the post as is very common with you. Take a really good look in the mirror, Kavika, because you're projecting.

You know what? I can admit to being impatient with stupidity, bigotry, wishing harm on others, etc. These are the things I hate most in the world. If I encounter them, I address them- and harshly, as they should be dealt with. That post you linked to was in response to a quite rude poster himself. It was rather nasty and wishing bad things on other people. His post was precisely what drags this forum down.

If that now is the definition of a bully, so be it. I'll wear that banner. It must be sort of how "liberal" is now defined as anyone who doesn't agree with the extreme right.

12. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Gentlemen. Kavika and Lee are both merely passionate users of these forums, and no more or less guilty of being a jerk than I am. That being said, we can all get along and avoid any of us being put into time out.

I say that because I love arguing with you Kavika and Lee, you tend to agree with me, and I love to be right.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Saving screenshots of people's posts is creepy- bottom line. I do not regret that response one bit. It was an appropriate one given what was said. Wishing harm on others and name-calling is childish and immature- Period.

14. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

That's enough bickering for this thread ...

Feel free to create a thread to discuss the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.