Tear this apart

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Counterfit, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

A friend of mine wrote a "hit piece" on Obama, and it seem thats with even a cursory look at his sources, he substantially misrepresents the facts. Ones I was able to check on: gun control and corporate taxes.
    What can the rest of you find?

And for the record, last semester, he told me that he doesn't want Obama in the White house because he has a connection to Islam. Of course, all Muslims want to kill everyone who ISN'T a Muslim. :rolleyes:

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I didn't get passed the second paragraph, I'm afraid. He's clearly an imbecile and my time, and no doubt other people's time, is more valuable than to run through nonsense like that.

He claims Bush's tax cuts gave the nation a much needed boost to the nation but doesn't mention that Obama will give tax cuts to the people that really need it, in vast numbers. He calls it an essay but it's just a piece to push his political agenda.

EDIT: I was just skimming and he's so clever and well sourced that he managed, in quoting Obama, to say "negotiate with Russia take our ICBMs off of Air Trigger Alert”. Air trigger. Air. Trigger. Seriously?

3. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Bush's hands are deep in the oil buisness and has many, many, many friends in the middle east, a good portion Muslims. :eek:

BTW, I was immediately hit with an ad when selecting the link.
    spam alert!

4. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

EDIT 2: He repeated the idiotic line about Ahmajinidad saying that he wants to see Israel wiped off the map. He said "The president of Iran, as we all know, is crazy." - we don't all know it but some of us seem to believe the propaganda surrounding it. He also asserts that "Terrorism is a grave threat, and quite frankly, Obama, doesn't understand it." - I think it's the author that doesn't understand it. Terrorism isn't a 'grave threat', it's been whipped up into a moral panic scenario.

I don't know where he was educated but his essay writing is poor, his referencing system is poor and his level of intellect is poor. Invite him to this forum for a chat, that would be fun. Replying to this article word for word would take far too long. Despite only skim reading, it's clear that there is so much rubbish in there.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's hope your friend isn't going into journalism (unless it's Fox News). It's definitely a hit piece, and not a very good one. I don't even know where to start, TBH.

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It might even be Bill O' Reilly. Actually, Bill would be more coherent.

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Can you do me a HUGE favor? Next time you see your friend, kick him in the balls for me.

:mad:

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i'll refrain from giving the site traffic, so i am not going to click it, but i'd just want to put out that if Obama is/was a muslim and declares not to be one, or not one anymore, he would be committing apostasy, which is a major sin and a 'crime' punishable by death in many islamic countries, including our dear friends the saudis.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not to mention that if Obama is a Muslim, he's been playing Jeremiah Wright for a chump, and we can safely ignore the "God Damn America" nonsense.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Get another friend.

Perhaps Osama is available, if he's still alive??

11. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You should tell him that since Obama is Muslim, he can read Muslim minds and think like them and tell us exactly where Osama is hiding and how to find him. :p

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

There is a good chance Obama will be the next president of the United States so it doesn't hurt to know some things about him that aren't sanctioned by barackobama.com. Its almost refreshing to see Obama in something other than the "oh-so-holy" light.

Nothing in the piece is really surprising. However Obama's association with Ayers has always been troubling:

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh for god's sake. Honestly, I'm not that worried. I'm more afraid of Palin's church that wants to "cure" us. I'm sorry- nothing Obama has ever done will come close to that freakshow. We already knew about Ayers anyway.

Obama is far from perfect. He's far from it. Only conservatives call him the "messiah". But given the choice between him and McCain/Palin, the choice is pretty damn clear.

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

on paper, obama is potentially a great president.

it doesn't mean he will be a great or even good president, but at least there is some hope.

15. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Thankfully, he's a piano performance major. Lately, I have indeed been reconsidering my relationship with him, considering how much hate he has for. well, nearly everything that doesn't involve him playing Beethoven , Chopin, or Scott Joplin.