Tech industry’s America last attitude

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chew Toy McCoy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m far from an America first right wingnut, but it seriously irritates me that the tech industry’s collective response to Trump’s immigration and work visa policies has stopped just short of “Americans are low talent idiots. Please don’t make us hire them. It will have a major negative impact on our business, so much so that we will spend millions in legal fees before we agree to hire more Americans.”

Even if people outside the US think Trump’s general policies are racist, I think they would still be upset if a major industry inside their country had the above attitude about their people.

And how about taking some of that lost billions on failed “see what sticks” projects and investing it in local talent that doesn’t have financial access to the training and education. Once again liberals insisting a college education is a bare minimum requirement before you are allowed to stand amongst their ranks and how you get there is your problem. Until then, at best you’ll be the source of a low results outrage “movement”.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

DeVos is not the answer. That's all I'm going to say.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

The GOP has put profits over people for decades, and you can't have it both ways. Many Americans have the talent, but lack the education and training because the GOP is TERRIFIED of an educated population.

4. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Truth, but that doesn’t excuse the Democrats making these decisions or Democrats ignoring these decisions because it’s their party members. This ignorance gave us Trump.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The fact that the Democrats are the GOP of 20 years ago, and the GOP is in ******* crazy land (the only party ON THE PLANET that denies climate change's threats) is what gave us trump.

You seem like you'd be open to reading "Listen Liberal" by Thomas Frank who lays out the historic transformation of the Democrats from the party of labor to the party of the "professional class" (the 10%). This left no party standing for the interests of working class people, only throwing them bones to hold onto their votes from time to time.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If we don't have enough people with the right education then the tech companies are correct. Everything I've seen shows that they are right, do you have anything to show that we do have enough qualified people here?

7. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Just heard about this book the other day and am about 20 pages into it. So far seems like it should be mandatory reading for all progressives. Time to cut lose from the abusive codependent relationship with status quo Democrats.

8. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

They don't, because we do not.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I've been done with the Democrats since I realized Obama was nothing but a corporatist. The party is right of center on the world stage, there is no institutional "left" in America anymore.