TECH TV LET SOMETHING OUT OF THE BAG

uponetoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002

Just this minute I was watching Tech TV and they had a promo spot
"See Macworld live on Tech TV-Is there a G5?, the new imac, Steve Jobs ends the rumors. Plus we'll show you the new home entertainment appliance that's so secret we can't show you until then. Watch it Live, Monday starting at 9 on Tech TV"

"the new home entertainment appliance" hmmm........

tw9876z

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2002
sounds like something new and origanal or taking someting to the next step, maybe it is a remote controled microwave and you can watch its status on your mac...no but apple will release something new that pcs will copy within 2 years, they always do.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
i saw the techtv commercial!!

i hope this means a live broadcast

i'm trying to record a copy so i can put it up somewhere

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I really hope it is not just a "home entertainment appliance". That would definitely disappoint me. I know it would be cool, and I know Apple would make it beautiful, but why do I need another remote? :) I really want something that will change the way we work, produce and create, not the way that we lounge. And yes, the iPod falls into the former category because as a musician (classical) it is very helpful to have a library of pieces I can carry with me to study and practice. Please, no TiVo type thing. Sorry, my 2 cents. I guess I am too idealistic, but that's why I love Macs.

Gus

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
TiVo?

TiVo? Come one, how many versions of a VCR does the public need? I hope they don't go there.. give us some thing NEW, not rehashed.. How about a touch screen LCD iMac which has a cable port on the back which has full computer and digital cable / digital cable modem service built in!.. and the functionality of a VCR etc.. screw new replacements for this or that.. we want an all powerful combo! .. set the iMac to record your favorite show on what channel and optionally burn it out to DVD or CDV... that would be cool. No more appliances.. computers should replace as many appliances and seperate gadgets as possible.

kaneda

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2001
iwash

I told you guys long time ago. iwash will be announce at 2002 MWSF. :O) it can wash your dishes and your clothes at the sametime. :O) when it is done, your mac will let you know. :O)

Or ibox..256 bit video game system.:O) play games, DVD, CD. :O) watch out Xbox...:O) you can't beat the ibox.

I

iCinder

a PDA is just plain COOLER than a tivo type system. More people need a useful pda than a high tech vcr.

Home_Slice

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
Those Bastards!!

Tech TV doesn't give to craps about Apple or anything related to a good computer but when they get news from them they reuin it for every mac-head that watches that channel!!!

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Unfortunately...

Unfortunately more people are buying TiVo and the like than PDAs.

The Newton was the right idea just WAY ahead of its time. Today you could make a Newton really thin/light and do everything that fake iWalk can do and more. That would totally blow away these anemic Palm OS devices and even PocketPeeCee crap things.

Handhelds need a proper OS, not a scaled down desktop OS/GUI nor a glorified datebook. Newton had it right nearly 10 years ago.

Its amazing how little tech is remembered; people on go2mac.com are talking about AirMac as if it doesn't exist - its actually the name of AirPort in Japan (there were trademark conflicts). And the prior claims that a handheld could not convert cursive text on the fly was being done many years ago by APPLE and its NEWTON!

Home_Slice

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
TechTV just said that they have the inside scoop on MacWorld 2002!! I'm watching and see if anything i leaked!!

Home_Slice

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
on techTV they just had a shot of a bunch of wooden boxes with the Apple logo and under that it said "Superior" Whats the superior????????

fuzzhack

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2002
Another leak from Tech TV

On the Screen Savers show on Tech TV, during the Mac Power Tips of Fridays addition, the hinted about mac finally getting a second button on the mouse. and the other guy said "its for you middle finger". So I guess mac's are finally getting a scroll wheel like MS's. Thats a big relief for me.

-patrick

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
If their promo spot say exactly what you said before in that thread, then, they got a mistake in it. have you been on techlive.com recently. They clearly say that event will be broadcast on 9am pacific.... noon eastern....

sjestus

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2001
Florida
They are saying TechLive will be on at 9PM not MacWorld. And I also think they were talking about a home entertainment center that will be released by a different company, not Apple. It will be released at 9PM on TechLive. No Entertainment Center from Apple. CRAP!!!!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
intel chip for apple computers?

tech tv said that not only will they carry stece jobs key note but also a new chip from intel reaching 2.4 ghz could this be a hint that intel will start designing chips for apple or is this just wishful thinking