Ted Cruz, a Canadian Dick

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jun 4, 2015.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/06/gop_hopeful_ted_cruz_after_joe.html

Here's his response when asked about it later:

2. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Nonissue. Joe Biden is a bumbling idiot. The joke was about the VP, not his son.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Joe Biden is a half-bright bumbling fool and Ted Cruz is a very intelligent arrogant prick. I consider both of them a rash on the corps politique.

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It would seem some do have an issue with it. Pretty callous of him timing wise.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I love truth in thread titles. :)

That said, seems the Dems can manufacture outrage just like the Reps.

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

Why are you blaming Canada for this? He gave back his Canadian citizenship - for better or for worse, he's yours now.
    :p

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

We'd like to re-gift him to you.

8. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I'll make you a deal. You take Cruz back, and we'll claim Justin Beiber as our own.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Let's give him back to Fidel, like a white elephant.

10. snberk103 macrumors 603

That, plus a 2nd round draft pick comedian to be named later ...

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm sure everyone who got their panties in a wad about Hilary being called a hag will be here any minute to complain about Cruz being called a dick.:rolleyes:

Any minute now....

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

No deal. The only damage Beiber can do is to our ears, and we have volume control for that.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Characteristically crass comment by Mr Cruz, unfortunately.

I have just been reading about the tragic death of Mr Beau Biden. Irrespective of one's views of the Vice President, he and his family have had more than their fair share of sorrow and tragedy.

Stay classy, Mr Cruz.

14. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

He like to drive expensive cars fast while drunk so he can cause a lot of localized damage. Just send Cruz to Quebec ;)

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hey.. they owe us three now. They gave us Cruz, Beiber, and Nickelback, and look what happened.

So we'll take Hadfield and Rush, and keep Alanis, and call it even. :D

Back on topic, bad timing from Cruz. You know, the old saying: Never kick a guy while he's down.. This simply shows the type of character the guy has, and he had very little to begin with.

BL.

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Nickelback is ok.

that said, did any politician other than those close to him know what was going on with the VPs son?

17. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

This was a couple days ago, long after it was announced that Beau had passed.

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

thank you, I did not know the timing of the joke. stupid for sure, no matter what side of the aisle you are in. the man is grieving the loss of his son.

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, from what I have read it appears that Beau Biden was admitted to hospital on May 20, - and, while nothing was said publicly, it seemed to have been understood that he was suffering from a recurrence of the brain tumour for which he had been operated on in 2013. His death was announced on May 30.

I am not so sure that I would describe that as 'long after', especially as his funeral has yet to take place.

20. sim667 macrumors 65816

Nickelback is never ok. :p

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

There was a radio station.. in Canada, no less, whose policy was that they would NEVER play anything by Nickelback.. I think it was CBC Radio 3... Well, a guest DJ came in one night, and played a song by Nickelback. He was gone that evening.

Nickelback is so polarizing that they sent them down here for us to deal with.

Now, I can forgive them for Celine Dion.. her first 2 albums were great. So she can get a bit of a pass.. But if they took Bieber and Nickelback back, we'd gladly take Hadfield, Rush, Tom Cochrane, Y&T, Alanis, Bryan Adams, Cory Hart, and Jann Arden off their hands. :)

BL.

22. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I never got the hate for Nickelback. Granted, I don't really listen to them, but there's a lot worse out there.

Is hating Nickelback a thing like insisting In N Out Burger is the BEST. EVER. is a thing?

I feel like people do these things because everyone else does.

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

24. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Probably not...

As Rdowns said manufacturing outrage is an equal opportunity flaw. And so is not wanting to admit when you're being a hypocrite!

And having met with Cruz a ton of times (he's my Senator), a better word to describe him, IMO, is douchebag. :D

I've never met Hillary, so I can't speak to her hagginess.

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Personal opinion here.

I think it's more like a bad version of what the band Chicago did in their career. Chicago released somewhere around 35-36 albums. That's a lot since starting in the 70s, which on a couple of occasions they released 2 albums per year. But with the lower number of radio stations and and that the record companies at that time were more interested in music than money (some of the execs were musicians themselves), we weren't force fed release after release after release of songs.

Fast forward to now, where we have been by the record labels, including Nickelback's (owned by Kroger, BTW). Across various formats (radio, streaming, iTunes, etc.), we've been inundated by them over the past 15 years. That's where some of the polarization comes in.

Sorry for the digression, everyone.

BL.