Ted Cruz goes back on his "morals"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So good ole Teddy has decided to embrace the orange one and endorse Trump. So much for standing up for your convictions.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

He searched his conscience LOL... Quite the funny man he is. But really - what, if any, affect is this going to have? Are people's memories that short - wait... nevermind....

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/779413236802285569
    :D

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Total sellout. Nothing more than political whoring. It really is shameful. Trump is still the narcissist that Cruz said he was. And those comments about his wife and father still stand since Trump never apologizes for anything. But Cruz sells out anyway.

But he isn't the only one. Trump himself once said he didn't want Cruz's endorsement, now the campaign welcomes it. More political BS. No one stands by their word anymore.

5. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Well, yes, that's how it works sometimes. The same kind of comments were made by Sanders' supporters when he declared his support for Hillary. Lots of folks were calling Bernie a sellout too. But I think that's what happens to the second place finishers.

In other news, Kim Kardashian is rethinking her support for Hillary following a heart to heart with Caitlyn Jenner!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/23/kim-kardashian-donald-trump

And the Trump Train rolls on!

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Only morons believed that he wasn't supporting Trump when he said vote with your conscience.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Vote your conscience. Formerly principled conservative Ted Cruz.

8. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

So who is pissed off more, the GOP base that was upset that Cruz snubbed Trump at the convention, or the base that is pissed that Cruz caved and endorsed Trump now.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's a good question. I guess we might not know the answer to that until Cruz's next election run! :D

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the sad part is trump is not even a republican. it must twist his panties all up in a knot.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Maybe he changed his convictions.

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

only a few bernie supporters said that. i'd venture to say the hardcore one's weren't truly interested in pushing a progressive platform through govt. they only wanted to be edgy

furthermore the situations couldn't be anymore different. clinton never made personal, insulting, and petty lies bout bernie's family. trump was a straight up ******* (as he always is), mocking cruz's wife's looks (as a presidential nominee does), questioning whether cruz is actually american (at least hes consistent with that) and making up literally the stupidest rumor of ted cruz's dad being involved in JFK assassination. lmfao hollywood writers couldn't come up with something that ****ing stupid. before this endorsement, i wouldn't fault ted cruz for punching trump in his stupid orange face after all the straight up malicious lies he said about his family

not remotely the same. another false equivalency from a trump supporter

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, he just realized that he might have to **** Trump's **** for the next four years.

16. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

17. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

By changed you mean threatened by Reince Peubis

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I see that as a possibility.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    Possibly. I think that like all politicians he just goes with he flow. Or, he realizes that Trump is a far better choice than crooked lying murdering Pig Hillary.

19. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

That won't take long. :D

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes convictions are flexible unless you accuse someone of that :rolleyes:

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

-- Groucho Marx

22. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

No affect on Trumps election. Maybe an affect on Cruz's election. He also honored his promise to endorse whomever won the primary so the RNC will support him if he runs for President again.

Do endorsements for any candidate really matter anymore ?

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The latter group will have a longer memory.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    He's practicing throwing people under the bus so he'll be ready for the rough and tumble of 2020. I bet he hopes Trump wins so he can take him on in a primary from the far right. At least he might get RNC money for it now that he's caved in and kissed Preibus' ring.

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Kardashian amuses me to a degree. She built a very successful brand. Jenner is still a train wreck. That aside, I have no idea why you seem to be enthusiastic about Trump. In both cases, I recognize the candidates as people who may occupy the White House. I don't actually like the options.