Ted Cruz suspends campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 3, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And the countdown clock to doomsday moves a little closer to midnight.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Thank you Ted Cruz, you did your country a great service tonight.

3. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Oh geez. Now it's down to Hillary vs Trump.

Good job, America.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll always remember where I was when Carly Fiorina made history as the only candidate to drop out of a race twice.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Man, was Carly the shortest VP pick in history? What was it...a week?

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, so much for a contested convention. Trump may not have 1,237 yet, but he's the Republican nominee.

This is some seriously creepy stuff. Only Hillary stands in the way of this country being run by that clueless, incredibly vain loose cannon known as Trump.

Forget the nomination, Ted. Wanna really do this country a great service? Run as a write-in candidate.

Can't wait to see what the GOP convention will be like. Outside, riots. Inside, funereal.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I cannot take responsibility for this wonderful comment that I just came across elsewhere, but it's too good and too funny not to share:

:D

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Cruz couldn't get the nomination of his party, he certainly won't get enough votes as a write-in to even dent Trump's support from the people.

He will be the next president. No doubt.

Bernie is the most likely to run as an independent.

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I am thought he said he would take it to the end I guess you can't trust what he says. Now we are stuck with the oompaloompa

10. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

Good. Trump is a nut, but almost all talk. Cruz actually meant the crap he said. Glad to see him out. Not crazy about Hillary though...she's just going to be Obama 2.0...

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The only riots will be the faux outrage by paid leftist protestors, maybe they will attempt to provoke more violence and destroy a few more cop cars while saying Trump is encouraging his own people to be violent.
    --- Post Merged, May 3, 2016 ---
    Hillary can't even beat Bernie in Indiana. What a weakling.

12. Limey77 macrumors regular

Genuinely surprised by this. What does he know that we don't??

The good news is Trump is the republican nomination so Hilary is the new president. Eight more years for the democrats. The only question remaining is can Trump lose the house as well??

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, he's already lost the one in Atlantic City. ;)

I guess Trump can start picking his running mate now. Gonna have to be someone who's happy being a fawning boot licker. "Yes, Mr. Trump." "Excellent idea, Mr. Trump!" "Don't you look presidential today, Mr. Trump!"

Meanwhile, Obama's probably already given Hillary's people permission to come in and measure for curtains. I mean, why not?

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You just described Chris Christie.

The only thing Hillary is clinching tonight is her fists.

15. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Wait what about Bernie. He won tonight.

16. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

• In most states, less than a third of the population are turning out to vote in the primaries.
    • Of that group, about half are voting in Democratic primaries.
    • Of the remaining half, Trump has rarely taken more than 50% of the vote - often MUCH less.
    • At best, less than half of a half of a third of the US population has actually voted for Donald Trump.
    • A majority of Republicans who have voted in the primaries have NOT voted for Donald Trump.
    • An overwhelming majority of Americans who have voted in the primaries have NOT voted for Donald Trump.
    His path to the GOP nomination looks clear. The general election is a different matter entirely.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That his polling numbers look spectacularly bad, and he has about a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He was the one candidate worse than Trump, glad to see that he has dropped out. Sadly it took too long for it to get down to one alternative to Trump, so Trump will have the nomination without a contested convention barring a huge surge by Kasich. Hopefully Hillary can pull it off in November.

19. 1458279 Suspended

Two surprises tonight. Cruz might have realized that a contested convention could do more damage than Trump. He might have seen that he wasn't the likely winner of a contested convention or maybe that he has a better chance next time. Cruz is about 20 years younger that the others, he's got time.

Sanders is holding strong. He's said it'll be a contested convention and he's out raised Hillary time before last and it running neck to neck in fundraising.

Given that Bernie isn't going anywhere for a good while and has excellent funding, along with the FBI still working on Hillary and the Clinton Foundation investigations, don't look good for Hillary.

Not to mention, she's not connecting with the younger voters at all, she doesn't seem to have much connection to Bernie supporters, and she has the highest negatives of any professional Washington insider running for pres ever.

Meanwhile, Trump has more new voters that anyone ever.

Look like a Trump win. It's going to be HUUUUUUGE.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You could get the same result by replacing Trump with Hillary.

Bernie has made most of the primaries he lost really close. A lot closer than any voter pulling for Hillary should be.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

No, it's looking like it's going to be a fight to pull a slight lead over a neck and neck race down to the bitter end.

With Sanders butting heads with Hillary in the primaries, and the very realistic chance he could pull a Teddy Roosevelt if he ends up losing hanging over everyone's head, it's going to be one helluva interesting general election.

22. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I bet Hillary is beside herself, stunned by the twists and turns beyond her control.

Living the life of a supreme narcissist, reinforced by the freedom of never having to be accountable, her fairy tale expectations of a fast and easy Coronation now seems questionable.

Oh my... Suddenly November isn't so predictable.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Max...

Your grasp of purple prose is just...astounding.