Ted Cruz to Pick Lyin' Carly as VP

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Talk about a Fail Mary pass.

Ted Cruz will name Carly Fiorina as his vice presidential running mate Wednesday, according to two sources -- a last-ditch move to regain momentum after being mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP presidential nomination outright.

The Texas senator will make the announcement at an afternoon rally in Indiana, which votes Tuesday in the next GOP contest. Cruz must have a strong showing in the Hoosier State to help block rival Donald Trump from securing the 1,237 delegates necessary to win the nomination, and keep alive his hopes of a contested Republican National Convention.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/27/politics/ted-cruz-carly-fiorina-vice-president/index.html

bent christian

Suspended
Nov 5, 2015
And the best thing the Dems can come up with is Hillary and Bernie? This is a train wreck on BOTH sides.
Either one will beat Donald Trump. No doubt.

Republicans have made it clear they are content to exist as a regional party. They don't want to win the presidency in 2016. I think they will be lucky to be able to win national election in 2020. Some serious re-calibration of the party platform needs to happen before they can appeal to a broad audience.

This crop of candidates has been an utter embarrassment. An national disgrace. I thought 2012 was bad. At least they had Rmoney to come out as a grown-up and try to attempt seriousness. The current candidates? WOW...just...WOW. No words.
[doublepost=1461789366][/doublepost]
I don't like a lot of Kasich's politics, but I also don't think he's bat**** crazy like Cruz or Trump. He's the Republican safety choice.
Kasich would be the grown-up that Rmoney was in 2012. Unfortunately for Republicans, he wouldn't win. Kasich probably has less of a chance than Trump (who has ZERO). They pretty much have to go full-on crazy to get any traction. Kasich is a nooze, a total bore to watch. I get tried just thinking of his face.

Last edited:

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
I don't like a lot of Kasich's politics, but I also don't think he's bat**** crazy like Cruz or Trump. He's the Republican safety choice.
He is not Full Macintosh like Cruz, but I would trust trump over him any day. Just think of the supreme court Justices that Kasich would appoint, with Trump we don't know who he would appoint, with Kasich there is zero chance of a balanced nominee.

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015
If you want an immigrant who will deport Mexicans & a job creator who laid off 30,000 people then Cruz/Carly is your team.

Reactions: jnpy!$4g3cwk

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I've done that before. It's surprisingly fun.

...though I say that because I handled the fall with much more grace. I surfed that bastard down!
It's not fun when it happens. Luckily a window jam stopped my fall. I was ready to do a leap for the gutter.