Teen Babysitters Laugh As They Put Baby In Refrigerator

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Teen Babysitters Laugh As They Put Baby In Refrigerator

And the sad thing is, one of the teen girls was the baby's (older) cousin. I'm so freakin glad that they were arrested and then turned in to juvenile court custody. I hope they are shocked and traumatized that they are being treated like criminals for their stupid actions. I hope the Court shows zero leniency just because of their age.

A disturbing video shared on Snapchat shows two babysitters placing a baby inside a refrigerator. The two teenage girls have been charged with assault after the video surfaced online.

The babysitters, who are juveniles, were arrested in Danvers, Massachusetts, but their ages and names have not been revealed. They have been charged with assault and child endangerment after posting the disturbing video on social media. The incident reportedly took place Monday when the two girls were asked to care for the child.

"Be careful who you leave your children with," the mother cautioned. "You can't trust anyone, not even your own family."

The accused were arraigned Tuesday in Salem Juvenile Court where they were charged with "child endangerment and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon."

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Why wasn't the mother charged? She put the baby in that situation.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh? Because of the classic my-babysitter-is-gonna-put-the-baby-in-the-refrigerator expectation?

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

No because of the classic "The babysitters, who are juveniles"

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

She didn't know that they would do that. If she knew about it and left the child with them again then there might be a case against her, but there is no crime in misjudging someone once.

6. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

The vast majority of (at-home) babysitters in America are teenagers/juveniles/minors. You didn't know this? I'm guessing you never had kids.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Stupid kids but it is not like they left the baby there. Kids are brain damaged.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Yeah. Thank you.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 11, 2017 ---
    This is a curious response. I agree (according to the article) that the baby wasn't in the fridge long (sentence I thought I'd never write) - but why and which kids are brain-damaged?

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Cause they are kids look what they did not a sane move. We all did less then sane things as kids. The thing Cosby got right.

10. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Understood. Kids do some of the incredibly stupidest things ever. These two girls…. having a lapse in sanity and common sense, placed a baby inside the fridge (altho not very long). Let's realize that they could have easily used that same lapse in judgement to have placed the baby inside the microwave oven and then pressed REHEAT 30 SECONDS.

And then laughed with glee and posted it to Snapchat as their baby cousin burned to death inside the microwave oven. Disgusting.

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Wait. What?! I can deal with the lack of punctuation, but Cosby?! Wtf are you going here...

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Because that's not against the law to have juveniles work as a babysitter. Juveniles have been acting as babysitters for prop most of human history.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You never listened to his albums? Funny as hell.

14. HEK Suspended

HEK

Ah yes....the before time

15. steve knight, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Now they are tainted. But that the time great comedy.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I just love when dumb people record their crimes against someone and then post online. Darwin award.

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Speaking of which what ever happened to those kids that detained the mentally boy and tortured him?