Teen Defends Blind Classmate from Bully

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 25, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-defends-blind-classmate-bully-151349694.html

video here.

bully got what he deserved, the kid that stopped the fight was kicked out of the football team & suspended it seems. if you don't get along with a blind kid simply walk away :doh:

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No good deed ever goes unpunished.:confused:o_O Stupid decision by the school to suspend the kid who stopped the bullying.

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    On one hand, I understand why the school can't just let these types of things slide. On the other, I well understand that some people do deserve a good asskicking from time to time.

Kid should've gotten a day of detention and nothing more.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Likely an asinine zero-tolerance for fighting policy.

5. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

I wonder what caused the incident in the first place. Even an utter moron would generally think twice before physically assaulting a disabled person.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Probably. These zero-tolerance policies are more like zero-brain policies.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The part that I don't think either of these boys understand is that you can severely injure or even kill a person with a blow to the head. So I can't advocate for punching a person in the head. That's a really, really bad way to resolve this kind of situation.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

agreed, but it was fast & effective. no one else even tried to stop it, they were busy filming it.

9. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

But there was no blow to the head. As far as I can tell, he just pushed the bully over.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

From the linked article in the first post.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Sorry. My bad. I hate to get in the way of people enjoying their violence.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Don't worry, I'm sure the bullies parents will sue if he has a TBI. They'll ignore the fact that their kid was pummeling a blind kid. I'm sure in their eyes he's a "really good kid" and they don't know what the blind kid did to their son, but he doesn't deserve what he got.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Did the school not suspend the dumbass punching a blind kid or did they skip over that part?

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the guy who stopped the beating did not "enjoy" the violence IMHO, he could have kept punching the bully, instead he stopped after knocking him out with the first punch & asked the bully if he knew he was beating up a blind kid.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

not sure about the suspension, but.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I wouldn't mind that. Would you?

I don't think they reported anything on that.

However, since I would obviously be biased in this thread (my wife is blind), I'm going to bow out of it. There's way too much I could say here, to the point that I hope I never run into the idiot who bullied the blind person.

At leas the was arrested, so that will reflect on his record; however, any LEOs here want to chime in on if an arrest nets you a criminal record, or if it is just the conviction that does?

BL.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah, that isn't likely going to happen. lol

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The PD gets it, the school has their head up their ass. I'd make the kid captain of the football team, prom king, and supply him with a family sized 48 pack of Trojans. I'd troll the kid and hang these all over the school if I was the Principal.

[​IMG]

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

he is a kid still, so Juvi at the most depending on how he pleads and that record is irrelevant once he turns into an adult, the article mentions they both have a history of not getting along, the blind kid could be the instigator to a degree, at the same time walking away from someone who is visually impaired is pretty easy.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I don't know.. with recent events regrading bullying getting national attention, this just may get the attention it needs to warrant Obama saying or doing something, including an invitation, for both the defender and the blind student.

BL.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

While it would be nice, I wouldn't hold my breath. He seems to rally around the victims a little more than the heroics of others.

23. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You're right about that, but the blind kid could have also been injured. A punch from a kid isn't as likely to kill someone. Hopefully the bully learns something from this, because if he tries the same thing in his 20s, he is much more likely to wind up in an ambulance (and yes I have personally seen that happen).

24. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

What happened leading up to the blind kid getting hit? Was there a verbal exchange that exacerbated the situation, including possibly hateful language by the blind student that provoked the other youth? Did the person that hit the blind kid even know that he was blind? Should we just assume the blind kid was totally without fault because he is blind?

25. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

The only reason the kid who threw the last punch got suspended was because of his race and Muslim-sounding name. Had he been white, he wouldn't have been suspended.