Teen Sentenced for Vomitting

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Associated Press
OLATHE, KS -- A high school student convicted of battery for vomiting on his Spanish teacher has been ordered to spend the next four months cleaning up after people who throw up in police cars.
Johnson County Magistrate Judge Michael Farley said during the sentencing Tuesday that he considered the boy's actions "an assault upon the dignity of all teachers."
The teen, now 17, vomited on teacher David Young as he turned in his textbook on the last day of classes at Olathe Northwest High School. His attorney, Brian Costello, said the student vomited because he was nervous about his final exams.
But two other students testified that the teen said he threw up intentionally. One girl said he told her in advance that he planned to throw up on Young on the last day of school. The girl wasn't in class when the teen threw up, but she testified that the boy later told her, "You missed it. I did it."
Young said the student, who was failing his class, made no effort to avoid throwing up on him. "I was just sort of stunned," he said.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
:eek:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Weird people do Weird things i guess...... i dont really know what to say about this one besides it being disgusting

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Lord Blackadder said:
That judge gets huge props from me. I love creative sentencing, and I think it's really effective.
Good, but not far enough. He should have had to turn in a work assignment using 501 Spanish verbs in a full sentence conjugated in the subjunctive, beginning with 'vomitar". "Si no hubiese vomitado a propósito en mi profe, nadie hubiese descubierto que soy idiota."...something like that. ;)
X

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Thats rank.. you can get so many dirty diseases from vomit. Top marks to the judge though, genious punishment.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
It was like the time th police fond me writting graffities...

They took me to the police department and called one of the policement on the radio. When the policeman arrived they asked him: Do you rememeber that big wall you painted las week at the highway? The policeman said yes. And they continued: well, this two guys just wrote some political graffities on in... all over again.

Imagine the face of the guy. So they made us do parachutes (jumpiong like a frog) for 4 starit hours until we couldn't walk any more. But before that pushups. I mean, they made us excersice every single bone of our body to the fullest. I did about 200 pushups that day, and when I couldn't do more they started with the parachutes.

In the mean time all teh police force where arriving during the night shift. I was swedding with my jeans and all that and a jacket too. That was at 9pm, they let us leave at 6am.

I couldn't walk during 4 days, I literally had to go to the kitchen rolling because I could use my harms neither, so much pain :( :rolleyes:

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Allways amazed at what we will hear next. Just when you think you heard it all mankind doesnt disapoint. No wonder the Aliens want nothing to do with us but experiments. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I dislike classes where you don't learn concepts and instead you are just expected to regurgitate what you hear. Perhaps this kid did too. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm amazed at him being able to vomit like that. I wonder if he took some ipecac. That was an unspeakable thing to have done. I think the judges sentence was one the really fits the crime. Hopefully he is leaning his lesson. :eek:

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
When I was in third grade, I cheated on my history test. When I was in fourth grade, I stole my uncle Joseph's toupee and glued it to my face, because I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. When I was in fifth grade, I pushed my sister Edie down the stairs and blamed it on the dog. [beginning to cry] When I was in sixth grade, I did the worst thing ever. I had this fake vomit, and I went to the theater and sat in the balcony. I leaned over the edge and starting making noises like hua-hua-hua and threw the fake vomit over the edge. Soon everyone in the theater was going hua-hua-hua. It was the worst thing I ever did.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
This is just foul, and a little weird. I like the punishment though, it's pretty appropriate IMO.

And mymemory, sorry but once again I have no idea what you're on about. :confused:

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Intresting. My Spanish teacher would probably make me watch all 52 episodes of Destinos. OH THE HORROR!!! :rolleyes:

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Doctor Q said:
I dislike classes where you don't learn concepts and instead you are just expected to regurgitate what you hear. Perhaps this kid did too. :D
LOL! Was waiting for that to er..come up. Pretty good analogy of what takes place with left brained, class room second language acquisition. Let's hope he got his vowels pure with the "rodolfo" :D
x

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I think it's kinda kinky. I wouldn't press charges if I were the teacher.

RandomDeadHead

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2003
fennario
mad jew said:
And mymemory, sorry but once again I have no idea what you're on about. :confused:
It's ok, because I do.

Back on topic, thats just outrageously great. Well worth having to scrub cop cars. Just to think, not one person in the class or maby school, will ever forget that prank. In a way he has immortalized himself.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
RandomDeadHead said:
It's ok, because I do.

Kudos. :)

RandomDeadHead said:
Back on topic, thats just outrageously great. Well worth having to scrub cop cars. Just to think, not one person in the class or maby school, will ever forget that prank. In a way he has immortalized himself.

There are two types of attention; positive attention and negative attention. Just as the names suggest, positive is good and negative is bad. It's one thing to be immortalised for negative attention but quite another to get credit for positive attention. :p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The punishment fits the crime. I doubt he's going to try and pull that stunt off again or anybody else for that matter.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I remember a Jerry Springer show from a long time ago where he had a guy on who could vomit on demand. I guess he used it as part of his schtick on stage - he was the lead singer from some heavy-metal band.

He'd drink weird colored stuff, then puke it back up. It was nasty.