Teens convicted of beating illegal immigrant to death...get 9 years.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Feb 23, 2011.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah, that's right, 9 years for a hate crime murder. WTF??? They should get at least 20. One thing from the article that also bothered me was this...

What exactly does testosterone have to do with anything? Teen girls are also known to beat people up in gangs. This is saying that if you're male, you have more of a chance of being a hateful bigot who gangs up on innocent people. What utter crap. Yeah, testosterone=evil. I kinda resent that. This was just a group of drunken teenagers.

here's the article... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/ap_on_re_us/us_immigrant_killing_students#mwpphu-container

This sentence is crap, they need to be locked up for longer.

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

I think they were getting at something more like "kids will be kids."

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

This was murder, and I hope their lives are ruined as a result. Somehow, based on their support, though, I doubt they will be.

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

FYI: Testosterone has been linked with aggression in some situations. Females also have testosterone but at lower levels.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

We all know that, but even if they had roid rage going on, it doesn't excuse (and it sure as hell shouldn't lessen) the impact of what they did. Seeing as alcohol was involved there should be even less reason not to throw the book at them. This is ****ing ridiculous.

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Of course not. Is there a full moon or something?

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was confronting you or anything, I was just using your post as a springboard. :eek:

7. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

No problem. I often do that myself.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It does seem a surprisingly light sentence for a disgusting and inexcusable act.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Small time drug dealers get bigger sentences than this...

10. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I know that, i just don't appreciate the implication that testosterone makes men do things like this. I know testosterone makes guys more likely to get into fist fights with guys at the bar who accidentally shoved them, but it doesn't make them pick on innocent people and beat them up. This crime nothing to do with the Y chromosome of the defendants. They were just douche bags.

I know, this is absolutely insane. I'm like legitimately angry right now, how sickening.

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Maybe if the 300+ million people in this country actually did something about it instead of just eating mcdonalds and bitching on online forums, then we might actually see some real changes.

Of course there is a bigger chance of mcdonalds and walmart declaring bankruptcy on the same day than this happening...

13. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Your point is well-taken. But to be fair, in this case, I think half the country is fighting for immigrants' rights and the other half is fighting to kick them out, so maybe the efforts just cancel each other out? ;)