Teens have sex in department store

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

and THAT was a top story in the news? actually i don't get it.

i would have asked them to continue outside the store. and that would be it for me.

the american people are just too sensitive for ANYTHING.

3. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Ok:

1) It's in public - I personally don't want to see minors copulating.
    2) They're MINORS i.e. under parental control, thus they can't just be told "pop outside now folks"
    3) Not just Minors, but 14. Jeez.

A charge against them in perfect. It gets the parents involved, creates a sense of public decency to stop other horny teens from doing the same, and shows that sex is never without some consequence.

4. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

...what? :eek:

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

WTF! They're making a huge deal over nothing. People need to get a friggin life.

And the psychologist needs to get a real job - such a quack.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Do you not notice the intense irony of the juxtaposition of your pompous post and your avatar portraying underage sex objects?

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I'm with you on that sentiment but in this case, yeah, I think a bit of sensitivity is called for. Kids having sex in department stores is pretty far from appropriate.

8. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

That's a top story??
    That day should have been really boring..

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I just wanted to quote this because of the portion I put in red text, which I found particularly ironic.

10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I'd have given anything for a shag when I was 14.

The reactions are way more unbelievable than the act itself. These people must live in a cacoon.

11. Keebler macrumors 68030

maybe not smart to do it in a dept store at a busy time, but honestly, yes, north americans are pathetically anal retentive and zippered up when it comes to sex. we seem to have forgotten that we are highly evolved animals and sex is a primal instinct for survival. it drives us, it gives us pleasure and unfortunately, it seems alot of north amercians aren't having enough of it these days.

i'm not saying 14 years old is a great age to have sex b/c there are huge emotions tied to it, but it's being made more than it should be. gee...american media at its best once again. Aren't there more worthy stories out there?

my 2 cents,
    keebler

12. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

:confused: are there?

Joking.

I guess two kids having sex is better than them both going on a killing spree with some handguns in the store.

Make love, not war, and all that.

13. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

My gf at the time was walking through the outdoor mall in Burlington VT and saw some teenage girl giving her bf a bj next to a statue. It was like they just didn't give a crap. Obviously people saw but nobody did anything other than be mortified, look away, and tell all their friends. This story didn't totally shock me, especially having read those stories about kids having sex in school classrooms. What a world.

14. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i, too, believe a department store full of 14 year olds having sex is better than a few dead 14 year olds who couldn't have (plain old) fun because the community sees such an act as inappropriate.

yeah, the place might not be well chosen, but that was the only problem. too horny to find an appropriate place.

15. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Dude, that made my day.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That is pretty bad, and they should have been stopped. To be honest it seems to me that this was happening in the middle of the shop not in the changing area, (and in the middle of the day, not 2am :p)

17. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Hehe, I like this comment on the story:

:D But this doesn't surprise me. Bet she's pregnant within 2 years.

18. Keebler macrumors 68030

actually, you raise a good pt. instead, have this story blasted all over TV and the news, have them ostracized b/c their parents will probably be livid, ppl will know who the kids are, bug them, taunt/tease them and then chances are they will resort to gun violence.

i'm not saying it will happen, but I think in all the recent shootings (except for the Illionois one), the shooters were all ostracized, picked on and all loners. etc...

sad, but true.

19. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What is the fourth charge?

20. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Im not gonna say that doing such act in such place is right, but this is something that shouldn't hit the news even less be the top story. Meh, wrong place wrong time, they should've looked for a better place and perhaps timing before risking so much due to horniness.

Victor

21. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

You using twisted logic here. Even though one thing is better than the other, doesn't mean that the lesser is inherently good.

Indeed, there shouldn't be an upset over their charges. They're being charged for public sex. Not because they are young. A couple of 30 year olds would get the same charges except not as minors.

22. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

I think you all are either 14, or have lost your minds.

It is ABSOLUTELY NOT appropriate for ANYBODY to be having sex in the middle of a department store.

I can't believe people are defending it. Obviously they knew what they were doing, meant to get caught, and need to be punished. It's not like they couldn't have done it somewhere else (i.e. anywhere else!). Duh!

23. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Probably statutory rape. If you are having sex with a minor is automatic statutory rape. In this case it will probably be said they were raping each other.

I agree completely. If you're 14 and want to have sex go nuts. Just don't do it in public. Same thing with juking. Not appropriate in public.

24. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

You are right, it is not appropriate for anyone to have sex in a public place. I think that the point all of us "14-year olds" are making is that witnessing people having sex, perhaps even in public, is something that virtually all of us will experience. In other words, it is not the end of the world and will not scar the individual for the rest of their lives. Most Americans have no frame of reference since they have never left their own country, but the USA is very sexually repressed; this is easily traced back to our Puritan origins. The rest of the world is much more sexually open and their civilization has not crumbled as a result. If Americans could only substitute their negative visceral reaction to sex for their blind acceptance of violence, the country's psyche could only improve as a result.

25. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Swat them with a newspaper and tell them to take it to the changing rooms like everyone else. They're teenagers, not much different from an animal in heat.