Telegraph: George H. W. Bush 'will vote for Hillary in unprecedented snub to Republican candidate'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Haha :p Hillary has the Bush Crime Family and virtually all neocons supporting Her — “great” candidate.

George H. W. Bush 'will vote for Hillary Clinton in unprecedented snub to Republican candidate Donald Trump'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-vote-for-hillary-clinton-in-unprecedented-s/

Former US president George H W Bush plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in an unprecedented snub of the Republican candidate, Donald Trump, according to a member of the Kennedy family.

bush-kennedy-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwUP-HjLgLpFyLj1UYw9vDfM.jpg

Not surprising, considering that

Trump.png

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you know this is HW bush right? not W bush? besides, did he actually say this? or is this woman just saying he did?

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Beyond those memes, if someone was trashing your family would you vote for them? Especially when they have no experience and seem to not know what they are talking about?

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

so, literally every living president (except bush 43), the only people who actually know what the job entails, have endorsed hillary. thats funny

5. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

**** the Bush Crime Family?

Yeah, it’s hilarious. What’s funnier are Hillary supporters playing contortionist to defend Hillary being supported by many of the worst bastards imaginable.

Yes, I know exactly who it is.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No contortion needed. It's simple. One candidate who mocks disabled people and criticizes gold star families and POWs, vs. one that doesn't. One that looks presidential vs. one that trolls Twitter constantly. One who knows what the nuclear triad is, vs. one who doesn't. The office of President is supposed to be the top job, not an entry level position. He never should have even passed the resume portion. And certainly not the interview. If any of us behaved like he has in an interview we wouldn't get the job. So why should he?

It's really simple. Country before party. I would do the same thing if the situation was reversed, because Trump would still be unacceptable no matter what party he ran under.

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

It is possible he was mocking Serge, but inconclusive. If you watch the actual, not just the still frame contrast, it is less damaging. The Donald’s childish attacking of the Khans aside, Hillary is the reason the Khan’s son was killed in Iraq, and that’s the ultimate insult. John McCain deserves to be endlessly ridiculed, he’s a warmongering al-Qaeda supporter. **** John McCain. Trump now knows what the nuclear triad is, and speaking of nuclear triad, Hillary has already threatened to use nuclear weapons against Iran and any other middle eastern country that would try to attack Israel. All of Trump’s ********, buffoonish idiocy aside, Hillary is the worst 2016 candidate. It isn’t even close.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I am unclear how or why you would put all of Trump's ******** aside if he chooses not to. He disqualifies himself every time he opens his mouth.

9. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

2016 is lesser of two evils. Trump is far, far lesser of an evil than Hillary. I would be happier with Rand Paul or Tulsi Gabbard, since Jill Stein and Gary Johnson cannot win as they’re not in the two-party system.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If they don't have a problem with Hillary and were even right there on her stage, why would you? Maybe you should question yourself and double check if you are really are the right side of the equation here.

But that's just it....it can't be put aside. It's the root of the whole problem. We already had Dubya, a president who was 1/100th the buffoonish idiot that Trump is and look how things turned out. So now you want an even worse buffoonish idiot sitting in the White House? Who makes Dubya look like a freaking genius? Who is already proposing less revenue and mass increase in spending? Who has no experience in government...not even running a city, let alone a state? What could go wrong? Everything.

11. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I am critical of the Khans for endorsing the “woman” who played a major role in getting their son killed. They’re free to support anyone they choose to, but I think they’re stupid for it.

Since you won’t listen to me, I hope you’ll listen to a real liberal. Jill Stein: Hillary is worse.

Full transcript: Jill Stein

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/full-transcript-jill-stein-228336

STEIN: Yeah. Hillary has the potential to do a whole lot more damage, get us into more wars, faster to pass her fracking disastrous climate program, much more easily than Donald Trump could do his.

So I think it's arguable about which one will wind up being more harmful to us. But what I am very convinced of is that we're not going to move forward unless we stand up. It is a race to the bottom between--

THRUSH: But wait--on the--

STEIN: --the greater and lesser evil.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Or you are missing something they are seeing.

Jill Stein is a wacky bird. I wouldn't believe much that comes out of that woman's mouth. I'd trust you before her, "beleive me". Seriously, I would.

13. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

That feeling when: Bush-supporting Hillary haters have to defend the Bushes supporting Hillary, and Hillary-supporting Bush haters have to cheer the Bushes supporting Hillary. And I’m just over here like, “**** the Bushes and **** the Clintons.”

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Presidents against Trump - Carter, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Obama

Presidents for Trump - Putin, Un

Likely due to his love and open support of white supremacists.

Upload_TrumpRT.jpg

15. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Hillary has the support of neocons (Kagan-Nuland) who aided literal nazi white supremacists in Ukraine, that Putin does not support and wants to destroy. No one gives a **** what Un says or thinks. FYI: I think Trump is a ****ing idiot for RTing white supremacist / “white genocide” morons.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

And yet you seem absolutely oblivious to what this says about Trump.

George H. W. always seemed like a pragmatic, level-headed guy. I didn't agree with all his policies, but at least he wasn't a wacko like so many conservatives since. Heck, he even called out Reagan's voodoo economics, and that'll always be a point in his favor in my book.

One thing you gotta love about Trump: he tweets like some teenage girl at the MTV Music Awards.

17. Jess13, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

G.H.W. Bush helped to arm ultra-far-right paramilitary death squads in Central America, who massacred tens of thousands of victims. Senior Bush has been involved in—and profited from—so much death and suffering. Defending Bush is laughable. Funny fact: The morning of 9/11, Senior Bush was meeting with Osama bin Laden’s brother.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ah so Hillary kissed the ring of the Don? The OG WarHawk.

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Since when isn't it the ol' standby of "lesser of two evils"?

Johnson has been making more gaffes lately, as even Google News has been putting out. Besides, he's known for supporting the TPP in its current form (Trump dislikes it, Clinton wants to change it for the better, Pence and Kaine are both for it in some form, Stein probably loathes it, etc, etc) and aren't Americans already annoyed thanks to all the other trade deals that have them believing it's done more than their getting screwed over in the process?

Stein and Johnson can't win because people believe it. "Self-fulfilling prophecy" and then people whine in the heaviest form of irony.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    And? Obama was getting verbal flak for being an "inexperienced community organizer" even though people wanted change because the same-old system in place was hurting too many people by 2008. Obama brought in a lot of smart people, many of which happened to be Republican as well. You're free to look up the people involved, like Geithner, Hagel, and others. Even using plans and ideas that Republicans like Romney, Reagan, etc, had used in the past. And everyone says things are better now than 8 years ago and to an extent that is certainly true, things are rather better. Not perfect but definitely better. But how many names of Republicans he's brought in can you find? So the same applies to Trump and areas in which he is inexperienced, is that not a fair parallel to make under the circumstances? Why or why not?
    So former presidents don't like Trump? Isn't that because Trump is like, you know, an outsider who isn't part of the magical NWO which is like how all the Republicans in office dislike him too? Help us out here...

Wait, Un - the guy from NK? He's not white. Why would he be for white power? How come it's okay when Black Power is still given a pass yet White Power, ostensibly created under a direct parallel, is perceived differently, even though - gasp and gadzooks - some blacks can be no less racist than some whites too? What happened to all coming together and not using race as a crutch, how come everyone uses race more and more overtly nowadays - especially the liberal boomers of the 70s who kept saying how labels were hurting everyone??
    See my response to you above, the "___ has no experience" no longer has credibility, regarding any party, thanks to what Obama did and who he brought in. Which is also ironic considering how many people he selected were GOP. If things are better now, then the GOP gets some credit - based on no special rules or privileges. Strange how we sometimes see "obstruction" yet Obama still catered and compromised, even when he didn't want to but he wasn't under duress 100% of the time. Not when he was - by pure, conscious choice - picking Republicans. Don't play partisan, Obama didn't. I've realized blind partisanship can be wrong. He got people working together at times and most of us have said how the country, all things considered, is far better now than in 2008.

Oh, offshoring jobs leads to less revenue.

Tax breaks and cuts to companies that offshore jobs means a lot less revenue.

Corporate welfare, an issue far bigger than food stamps and has for over a decade now, isn't that worth mentioning?

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The woman said he did. After Trumps using JEB as a punching bag, I would not be surprised if many of the Bushs are going to vote for Hillary. In any case, I doubt HW is happy about the women the friend (?) publishing their so called private conversations.

21. zin macrumors 6502

The establishment is on life support. Hillary is being (literally) propped up by neocons and Bush Administration officials. She actively has solicited the support of these people. She is outspending her opponent 30 to 1.

And the best she can manage is a statistically non-existent lead in the popular vote with a rapidly shrinking lead across the blue firewall, including Rhode Island and New Mexico.

Wall Street and war hawks on suicide watch!

22. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

It's baffeling that people really think that a person that got absurdly rich and profited enormously by exactly and exclusevly the way how the system works would be somewhat interested to change that very system?

He's a populist, promises whatever he needs to get the vote and then does whatever benefits him or his entourage best. And if he ever gets called out for not living up to his promises he will find someone else to blame or just play stupid - not that hard to imagine.

23. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wait, everyone says Trump inherited it then squandered it all (it's not quite as simple as that, but it's said in 5 seconds so that's good enough for many in today's day and age...).

Besides, everyone says what you said about every other politician and how everyone imagines it.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I disagree with your personal opinion. I would expect to see Clinton, the veteran insider, managing the role of president much like her predecessors. She'd seek to promote steady economic growth, and stability around the world.

Donald Trump, is anything but stable. There really is no telling what would happen if he were put in office. But if we are to judge based on how he's handled himself during the campaign, it would likely be a dumpster fire.

Given that choice, I'll take stability. Sounds like George H. W. Bush agrees.

25. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Nah, I wouldn't call Hillary a populist., you? Sanders likely and of course Donald Trump.

There may be more modern explanations / definitions but that wiki one is what I think of when calling someone a populist: "...define populism as an ideology that "pits a virtuous and homogeneous people against a set of elites and dangerous ‘others’ who are together depicted as depriving (or attempting to deprive) the sovereign people of their rights, values, prosperity, identity, and voice".