Telekinesis – Remote Desktop Browsing ALPHA

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevan, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kevan macrumors newbie

Found this while looking at TUAW. I haven't myself tried it yet, but it seems like a pretty damn good idea. I'm also not a developer/possess no knowledge of code, but they offer to let others in on the project so maybe you fine people with that kind of handiness could help out.

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

2. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

wow, it actually works really well! the remote tool is sweet!

3. TonyRockyHorror macrumors newbie

i was jsut about to post this!

i tried it out and it works fabuloously! something like this and a SKetchPag-like program were the two things i wanted most for my iPhone!

one down, one to go!

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wooow that is totally craZy! what is its actual function?? u can get into you mac and do what exactly>>??

5. Asar macrumors regular

can someone be kind enough to give me the steps to allow my router to let this to work? my iphone is just loading and then it says cant load.

6. Project macrumors 68020

Wow.

This has the potential to be absolutely huge. A real web based killer app for the iPhone. Cant wait for them to come up with some extremely useful scripts.

7. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

while i was playing with it, i was able to load any .doc or .pdf file on my computer (which could be useful)... and i could also load any photo from my computer as well. it's too bad you can't stream movies or mp3s yet though. hopefully it's something they're working on.

8. honeytoast macrumors regular

There are people trying to get streaming media to work but I don't understand coding. They are trying to get apachy server to work.

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/issues/detail?id=1&can=2&q=

I am also having issues setting up the firewall on my mac. When I turn off the OS X firewall it works. What ports do I need to open?

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

This is awesome...hopefully by the time the iPhone reaches the UK, this will be developed...

This development is awesome, and after QuickSilver, I doubt anyone thought they could match their achievement...

10. michelle21 macrumors regular

11. honeytoast macrumors regular

i did not realize that 5010 was the port number. Allowed it on my firewall and it works great.

12. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

13. dangleheart macrumors 6502

This only works on local Wi-Fi, right? If I am on EDGE, what are my options?

14. debo macrumors regular

15. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

very nice program..now all we need is a PC version :)

16. miep macrumors newbie

Applescript?????

Huh?

When I browse my homedirectory, the iPhone displays a button 'run' next to any file with extension 'scrpt'.

What is that? Does that mean 'run on iPhone' or 'run on server'?

[​IMG]

Nothing happens when I click on it. The applescript file itself contains just a helloworld() applescript application.

17. hcopp macrumors regular

really slick stuff, got it to stream some seinfeld over wifi, worked like a charm, even let it buffer an epsiode on edge for a few minutes and got 30 seconds worth of video, awesome stuff.

18. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

hmm... just upgraded and the streaming isn't working for me. it says "safari can't open the page because it could not connect to the server"

also, is there any way to get the camera to work with USB webcams? i use macam and a plugin in ichat to get it to work normally.

19. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

it will run it on the server. i just tried running the "export addresses" script for address book and it ran it on my computer.

20. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

I must say, this is REALLY amazing.

I like the idea of being able to take a picture from the isight and also being able to access my files is HUGE!

21. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

whats the send text box do in the screen shot image?

I sent a simple "hello" but i dont see it appear anywhere on my phone or computer.

22. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

this is a really amazing feature.. getting ur files from anywhere. can u only open them? i spose u wouldnt be able to save them onto ur ifone cauz it cant read them. what protocol does it use?? it wouldnt be ftp would it?

had another question but 4got it.. nice

23. macintel4me macrumors 6502

Ummm...Apple is doing this with their "Back to my Mac" feature in Leopard.

24. MBM007 macrumors regular

frozen

While using telekinesis I attempted to load a photo....which it did...then my iPhone FROZE???? I tried to hold the sleep button down and no response.....its never happened what do I do??? DO I just have to sit and wait for the battery to run out???

25. MBM007 macrumors regular

I ended up holding down home and off for 20 seconds and the thing finally restarted.....that was scary!!!!
    anyone else have any problems with this app???? its really sweet but I don't really want to have to force a restart again????