Telia releases prices for Denmark, very attractive for you, meh for Danish vikings.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moveteam, Jun 27, 2008.

1. moveteam macrumors member

Hi guys,

As the title indicates:

Only one contract, called iOn (?!) costs 599 kr. (£60) and includes this:

300 min/month
    Unlimited SMS
    300 MB data/month
    Unlimtied min. to the other 1mio Telia customers and regular lines

If you reach the 300 min limit, you pay an expensive £0,1/min, £0,1/MB if you reach the data limit.

The 8 GB model costs 1399 kr. (£140), 16 GB model costs 1999 kr. (£200), plus contract for 6 months: 3594 kr. (£395), which equals to 4993 kr. (£499) for the 8 GB, and 5593 kr. (£550).

Beside the crappy data contract and expensive minuttes, it's actually a quite nice deal.
    What do you guys think?

2. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Holy rape batman!

This is the by far the worst screw over in the long history of the Danish telecom industry. Jaysus christ on the donkey! 600kr and you don't even get unlimited data?!?

People would have to be what you call, eccentric, to buy into this plan. Because rich people are never insane, they are eccentric, and you'd have to be both incredibly rich and incredibly insane to buy into this contract.

Woah, nelly!

I am not looking forward for finding out the full unlocked price for a 16GB iPhone. Thank god I still have me trusty old 2G iPhone.

3. moveteam thread starter macrumors member

Hmm.. what in the hell are you talking about? I agree it's not cheap, but when N95 launched it had the same price after 6 months (4.500-5000 kr.) Telia should include unlimited data (or at least the 10 GB fair-use cap) but else it's an ok deal. Just look at our Norwegians/Swedish/Finnish/British/what-ever friends, they may have better options but when the contract expires they have paid alot of money (except for the PAYG-solution)

4. kamiboy macrumors 6502

I don't care for comparisons, a 600kr a month contract is just... its AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It is insane!! I've never seen anything this expensive ever before. My brain just refuses to see past those 600kr a month deal. And for what? 300MB data is just pathetic, and mind you, I just said that with a snooty french accent to emphasize just how pathetic it really is.

The iPhones is going to straight up bomb with these unattractive prices.

5. moveteam thread starter macrumors member

You're Danish? Again I don't say it's cheap, but when our British friends have to pay about £1000 after 18 months, it's actually nice we only have to pay £449 ;) AND other smartphones ranges in the same prices!

6. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Yes, sir, I currently live in Denmark and will be moving to Canada soon. Currently I have CBB and pay maybe 100kr for my cellphone every two months or so. I'll just get a unlocked 3G before I go and stick to a plan similar to CBB in Canada. Like hell am I going to pay those kind of prices monthly, I couldn't live with myself.

7. samab macrumors 6502a

So you have an iphone with telephone service for only 6 months --- of course it's cheaper.