Tell me about that line about "Criminals don't follow rules" again..

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TechGod, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

https://medium.com/@ContentlyOrg/angels-of-death-9d1ecc82a92d

How shocking, a "law abbiding" citizen can get guns easily and fuel the black market. Imagine if gun control was stricter, then these people WOULDN'T be able to fuel the black market and crims would have a harder time getting them...

WOAH! THAT'S SHOCKING!

/s

2. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Yes I believe in gun control, no that isn't an open question for JKCEDRA, it's a statement.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Stopped reading after this.

4. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

First thing that came to mind when I read your article was that it was about Obama's “Fast and Furious” Gun-running Scandal.

Second thing was how closely the article resembled the non-journalism in Rolling Stone's recent bogus gang-rape story. Similar problems: No opposing viewpoints interviewed; NRA not interviewed about the Tiahrt Amendment; and Tiana doesn't sound genuine for the daughter of a prostitute who didn't finish school (how could she with all her gun and drug running?).

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Stricter? As in be a drug cartel do you can get guns straight from the govt?

6. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Seeing as how purchasing a guns and selling them under the table is definitely a felony, I am confused by your entire post...

These people are criminals that haven't been caught. So, I will throw that line at you, "Criminals don't follow rules."

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Problem is without a national gun registry, you can't match the manufacturer's supply with the nation's demand. Manufacturers know damn well where portions of there supply are going, and I would highly doubt if they didn't secretly factor the black market into their production quota.

If there was suddenly a 400% increase of black market demand. Legal buyers will create that demand, and manufacturers would produce the supply. For anyone to think that the manufacturers don't have any idea where the supply will end up is foolish thinking.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

What makes you think there is no such registry? Just went for my LTC, every single transaction I made as put on display .

9. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Lets say gun control is increased and it is harder to purchase guns, doesn't that, then make it difficult for these people to buy the guns to supply the black market in the first place?

10. boast macrumors 65816

boast

true. it would make it as difficult as drugs

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Perhaps more, as other developed nations still have problems with drugs, yet experience far fewer gun-related injury and death.

From their experience it would appear that guns aren't as easily replaced.

12. jkcerda, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Increased HOW? You can find ANYTHING in the black market. Hell in Australia gangs make their own guns

13. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

...and raw milk :D

14. TechGod thread starter macrumors 68040

TechGod

Are gun deaths significantly high in Australia? You can find anything, but thus article SHOWS, that people are obtaining guns in fairly legal manner then supplying the black market. If you cut out the suppliers don't you also cut down on the black market?

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

might make it that hard.

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It is some major cognitive dissonance to complain about F&F unless you actually believe that guns are the problem and that gun restrictions work.

----------

Agreed. The gun death rates in Australia are a fraction of the US. Jkcerda is absolutely wrong on that line of argument.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Complete!y different cultures. Something most of you fail to see

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

On the contrary. Just about everyone can see how terrible and destructive the gun culture in the U.S. is.

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

The issue isn't really gun control.... its american societies attitude toward owning weapons.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I'd rather people smoke pot for recreation than use guns, but that's just me.

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

One can be grown one has to be bought they're not exactly comparable, both have become religion for no real reason.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

How do you know she smokes pot?

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Please describe some of the key elements that you believe differentiates Australian culture from American culture.

24. bwhinnen macrumors 6502

I know this wasn't directed at everyone here, although it really does prompt the question; Where would you like to start?

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It's just that the article reminded me of the incompetence that resulted in deaths of Mexican citizens and a US Border Patrol agent, and that reminded me of administration stonewalling.