Tell me what you think of my microsoft wallpaper

muttonhead411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

Tell me what you think of the microsoft wallpaper that I made, inspired by their latest campaign direction.

In the photos, you'll see two wallpaper I made on a mac and loaded onto an iPhone.

Update: Link to wallpaper download provided. It has a set of styles and sizes to fit iPhone 4 and 5 as well. Enjoy:

Attachments

Last edited:

muttonhead411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
If it wasn't clear, I just wanted to show peeps here a wallpaper that I made out of microsoft's new branding. Feel free to like/dislike/flame away.

If anything, please don't call me a troll. You can see I love macs considering I did this on my MBP for my iPhone.

Cheers.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I use and love both MS and Apple products but I've never understood the point of making one phone to look like another. Android is the worst with proliferation of both iOS and WP7 skins. If that's want to you want, just get one. WP7 is a very solid OS, get one.

muttonhead411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I use and love both MS and Apple products but I've never understood the point of making one phone to look like another. Android is the worst with proliferation of both iOS and WP7 skins. If that's want to you want, just get one. WP7 is a very solid OS, get one.
Er... It's just a wallpaper, not a skin. But some have commented that it's like a phone with a personality disorder. Nonetheless I agree with you wp7 looks and feels great as an OS. An the point here it's that it wouldn't look too shabby on an iPhone as well.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think it looks great. I honestly thought it was a boot logo replacement when I first loaded the thread. I have no complaints. People who do need to lighten up! :)

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I'm thinking that I want to go see a movie tonight. Maybe hit up Five Guys before it.

P.S. Five Guys rocks!

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
re: Tell me what you think.

1 - I think you should put more words in your subject line. Can you imagine if everybody used some generic non descript subject lines here?

2 - Is this a microsoft phone, or what? How hard would it be to tell the audience what this is?

muttonhead411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
re: Tell me what you think.

1 - I think you should put more words in your subject line. Can you imagine if everybody used some generic non descript subject lines here?

2 - Is this a microsoft phone, or what? How hard would it be to tell the audience what this is?
1. Humour us, how would you rephrase the title given the content of my post?

2. Your answer is a few posts above, but I honestly thought it was obvious enough

If it wasn't clear, I just wanted to show peeps here a wallpaper that I made out of microsoft's new branding. Feel free to like/dislike/flame away.

If anything, please don't call me a troll. You can see I love macs considering I did this on my MBP for my iPhone.

Cheers.

muttonhead411

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
How about "Tell me what you think of my microsoft wallpaper"
I agree that your thread title should have been a little more descriptive than just what you think.
Fixed! Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for any confusion guys. Keep the inputs coming, happy to see its not that bad, some people actually like it :)

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I like it. It really loads everything Microsoft is focusing on into one image, great work.

If you don't mind, can send me it so I can put on my windows desktops? I would recommend putting a copyright on the bottom so people know who made it!

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Wow, people are taking this way too seriously. It's just a wallpaper, no one is forcing you to use it on your iPhone.

OP: I like the wallpaper. It's nice an minimalistic just like the intention MS has right now. Though I might suggest replacing the Zune logo with something else as the Zune branding is being killed off soon. But that's a minor detail and it looks great otherwise.