Tell me what you think of the Macbook (New one they just updated) [:

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by coffeeinthebin, May 29, 2010.

1. coffeeinthebin macrumors newbie

Before I buy it. I thought it was so perfect when I was on it at the store and then I started reading all these things about it online, some were bad, some were saying it was great, I just don't know anymore! If you have the new one with the 10hour battery, or even the october 2009 unibody one and 2gb of ram.. tell me everything you think about it.! :]

2. GidbinN macrumors member

GidbinN

The newest, cheapest, and most popular MacBook yet.

3. opera57 macrumors 6502

I think its pretty awesome, definitely an awesome mac for a very wide target audience! Same CPU as the more expensive 13" MacBook Pro, same hard drive, all that is different is less RAM (which won't matter to non-power users) and the lack of an aluminum case - which some people might prefer! I personally prefer the look of the white macbook! [​IMG]

4. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I have the "Oct 09" MB and it's absolutely amazing. I simply love this computer,the best computer I've ever owned. :D

5. tumpy macrumors newbie

Also firewire800, SD card slot and backlit keyboard.

6. Laughingman13 macrumors member

doesn't the new macbook have a backlit keyboard?

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

No. Do some research and look at Apple's web pages on the MacBook.

8. vistadude macrumors 65816

I have the october 2009 macbook. I really like the design, the color, the thinness, and the battery life. It's a tough call between the pro 13 inch and the macbook 13 inch. The pro is a better value, 4 gb ram makes a huge difference, but for me the macbook white had better looks.

Now I am jealous of the new 10 hour battery life. The old 2009 macbook was rated for 7 hours and I get around 6.5 hours.

9. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I'm still happy with my 2.0Ghz whitebook from 2009 (non-unibody)... I'd love the newest but its not needed when this one is still so "new"...