Tell me why you just love High Sierra.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Do you love the way apple mail is now?
How about disk utilities?
Can you now find docs on you mac you were unable to find before?
How about iPhoto...is it better now.
Tell me what you just love

Pennypacker83

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2010
Helsinki, Finland
The only thing I like, and that actually works, is how I can now read incoming emails while browsing in full screen mode. Pretty much everything else -- bug, bug, bug.

EugW

macrumors 604
Jun 18, 2017
I like the fact that it's the only version of macOS that can read the picture and video files coming out of my iPhone. ie. High Sierra is pretty much a requirement for basic compatibility reasons.

Septercius

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2017
UK
I love the fact that it made me appreciate just how good an OS its predecessor is, something that was confirmed when I downgraded both my computers to 10.12.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I only use it on my media server so far. I love that volumes contained in APFS containers share the container space and how easy it is to add or remove those volumes at any time. Makes it easier to efficiently use the space on disk while remaining organized with individual volumes without having to decide the appropriate size of partitions ahead of time.

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
Do you love the way apple mail is now?
How about disk utilities?
Can you now find docs on you mac you were unable to find before?
How about iPhoto...is it better now.
Tell me what you just love
You're implying it's a worthless upgrade so if you're happy with what you have now by all means don't change anything.

NiCk-

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
You're implying it's a worthless upgrade so if you're happy with what you have now by all means don't change anything.
This is kind of sad though. I've been using Mac for 10 years now (started with OS X Tiger) and I always upgraded on Day 1 every time that a new OS would come out. I even remember paying 70 pounds for a new version of OS X Leopard !

High Sierra is the first Mac OS that I haven't installed on my Mac a month after its release. What makes it even stranger is that I have a relatively new Mac (MacBook Pro TB 13'' 2016) but still I'm kind of afraid to upgrade.

I guess the fact that I'm perfectly happy with Sierra, along with the lack of new features makes me want to wait for the inevitable .1 or even .2 update which will hopefully squash the most serious bugs.

A few years ago, I approved the idea of updating the OS on a yearly basis but after High Sierra, I would like Apple to go back to a two or even three years cycle before updating their OS. I'll be more than happy to wait some time and get something exciting, new and most importantly faster and stabler rather than getting a glitchy OS which makes me want to stay on my existing OS.

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
outside of the calculator bug in the notification center (as minor a bug as there is), am pretty happy with HS. my main app (logic X) has never run better; everything is fast, stable. i am always most interested in what happens under the hood, and there, HS seems to shine. so, considering the LX performance, HS is an improvement over el cap and sierra...

OS X Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
UK
How's the iMessage delay bug doing? I've held off upgrading my 2017 iMac simply because I cannot risk any downtime at the moment, but once I can afford that I'll upgrade so long as that isn't a widespread issue.

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
How's the iMessage delay bug doing? I've held off upgrading my 2017 iMac simply because I cannot risk any downtime at the moment, but once I can afford that I'll upgrade so long as that isn't a widespread issue.
what is it? i use imessage on my macbook constantly, without issue.

EDIT: just looked at the 'imessage issue' thread. on my mac (i message only from the macbook, and my iphone SE), everything works as it should. messages come in both places. i do a lot of texting from the mac (and, of course, the SE when i'm out). so far, so good...

Last edited:
Reactions: OS X Dude

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
outside of the calculator bug in the notification center (as minor a bug as there is), am pretty happy with HS. my main app (logic X) has never run better; everything is fast, stable. i am always most interested in what happens under the hood, and there, HS seems to shine. so, considering the LX performance, HS is an improvement over el cap and sierra...
Everything runs well, yea I noticed the calculator bug too but as I have the calculator in my task bar no problem.

I am concerned that continuity in making calls on my iPhone does not work as well as it used to, outgoing calls fail quite often, and incoming calls have a long delay on my iMac compared to my iPhone or not at all.