Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dr.rosenrosen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I need opinions on whether to go with Rogers or Telus. I've been with Rogers PAYG for a few years with no trouble at all. I'm picking up my new iPhone 5 at Best Buy tomorrow. I'm upgrading, going on contract and dropping the land line this time around.

Aside from the fact that Telus has the better 6gb plan including CID and VM, what is everyone's opinion on which network is better? I live in London Ontario, and spend most of my time here. Not so much concerned about customer service as I am network quality, given the move away from land line. Obviously the case can be made that customer service is not great at any of the big 3.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I use Rogers, but only because they're the only carrier to offer true family plans (I'm not sold on the Bell ones). Can't say I recommend them though. As you mentioned before, absolute crap customer service with all these hidden fees and all. They still refuse to replace or even fix the confirmed defective phone they sold my mom even though it's still covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Can't say I have much experience with Telus. My mom's first phone was from there, but that was much too long ago. I can guess they're a bit friendlier with their customer service, seeing as a friend of mine got a whole new phone off of them, no questions asked when she had something as minor as an OS-related issue, if I remember correctly.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Both me and my wife have been on PAYG from Rogers for more than 6 years. We both have iPhones. We still have the first gen one and it's too slow for now. So I pre-ordered iPhone 5 for my wife with Telus. Mainly because the 65+ plan because it comes with CID and VM. Rogers has more hidden charges, like my iPad LTE flex plan which I just canceled before pre-order iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.