Temperature alert

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chestvrg, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Here in Miami is very hot to begin with, and in the summer it gets even hotter. Anyway...I was going to the park with my little one, had the iPhone connected to my car stereo's USB cable listening to music and all of sudden I got this mag.

Everything went off, the music went off, the signal went out and it wouldn't allow me to even access the application tray. It was completely locked. Half an hour later, here I am posting on my iPhone. I wanted to share the alert I got. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343506039.008009.jpg

2. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

It happens. I used to get that in a car I used to drive. In the winter, I was using a vent mount and the heater would cause this warning to popup once in a while.

3. Furifo macrumors 6502

This is nothing new - your iPhone got a little too hot and so it disabled everything in order to cool down and prevent damage to the internals. I've never had this message myself but I'm sure a few people that post here certainly have.

4. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea I'm sure is nothing new and also I'm positive other people here have experienced this. In my past 4+ yrs using iPhone's I have never gotten this overheating alert until now.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I got this message one on my 3GS and at that time I had it plugged in for music while it sat on my dashboard in direct sunlight. I remember I freaked out at first because I thought my iPhone was fried. That iPhone is still perfectly functional.

6. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

As people begin to use their phones as GPS guides more and more, this error message will become a lot more common... After all, using as a nav up on my dash was how I first learned about the error.

7. Indy21 macrumors 6502

I've seen it on mine before as well.

I'm glad this exist, although I was concerned when I first saw it. A few minutes later, it was fine.

8. me61ic macrumors newbie

Happens to me every time with the 3GS and Tomtom app running for more than 3-4 hours

9. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow I also freaked out thinking it was the end of my iPhone :) but I was back online within 30 mts.

10. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

Happened to my 4S when I went skiing. No big deal.

11. chestvrg thread starter macrumors 65816

I wonder how many other hidden alerts iOS has in cases like this one.

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

13. dhizzy13 macrumors newbie

Speaking of heat issues, I have noticed that on the stock iphone 4S back glass, there is a heat sink sticker that is positioned over the battery. I want to replace it with a custom colored back and noticed that the one I bought on eBay for 5 bucks, doesn't have one. Is this important or is it just there for "just in case" purposes? Has anyone had there iPhone 4S's overheat only when their back glass is replaced?

Thanks,
    dhizzy13