Temperature Monitor app readings are scaring me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Soulfly22583, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Soulfly22583 macrumors member

So I have a 2010 uMBP and was recently looking at some different menu bar apps to play with. Decided to get "Temperature Monitor" and give it a try.

After getting it installed and reading through the documentation I decided to start looking at my temps - this is what I found:

[​IMG]

I checked on Mroogle first before posting this up and nothing came up in regards to a search for "Temperature Monitor" - just an FYI

These numbers seem high to me, can anyone confirm or deny this?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Those are perfectly normal, and at the low end at that.

3. oojosheoo macrumors member

You have nothing to worry about. Your Temp. are fine. My MBP MID 2010 is running at 70c (more on the warmer side)

4. Soulfly22583 thread starter macrumors member

thank you everyone, sorry for the waste of space.

If a mod can delete this, please do. Guess I need to figure out Mrooogle more

5. GGJstudios, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you Google "macbook pro temperature" (without the quotes) or "MBP temp" (again, without the quotes), you'll find dozens of threads.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

well, sure - normal for THIS generation of MBP. i have not seen temperatures this high since the Core Duo MBPs (i have one myself).

so i can see where all the sudden concern comes from, the 2010 MBPs barely hit 40c idle, and now these are hitting 60c. the max i have observed is about 95c (under load) for these new machines.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're normal for any generation of MBP. Of course, it depends on what you have running at any given time, but I frequently see temps in the 80s and 90s under load on my Early 2008 C2D. Many of the temperature threads where temps of 80-100C are reported were posted before the i5 and i7 were introduced.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

normal in the sense that they are within normal operating temperatures specified by Intel.

not-normal in the sense that they follow a pattern from generation to generation of chip. like i said, the previous generation ran at 1/2 the temperatures range when idle, and under load is significantly less.

9. TheFarmer macrumors 6502