Temperature Sensitive Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apunkrockmonk, Jan 21, 2013.

1. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Hello,

I recently had my launch day iP5 replaced by Apple as the Camera had accumulated a fair amount of lint or some other substance under the lens. The replacement looks and works great except for one major caveat.

When the phone is cold the home button ceases to function entirely until it warms back up. For instance, if I go out to my car, set the phone on the passenger seat and start driving, 5-10 minutes later I go to change what music I'm listening to, the phone's home button doesn't work at all.

If I put the phone back in my pocket for 10 minutes or so the home button works flawlessly.

I've owned many iPhones over the years and never seen such a thing happen. I want to get it replaced because I fear it may become worse over time, the only thing is I'm having a hard time thinking of how I can show this issue to Apple.

Anyone else ever have a similar thing happen with their home button?

2. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Replaced my iP5 aswell but for the scrambling noise right under the power button.

Seems like the replacement units they send out has some massive defects. Pretty sad actually. My replacement has the lens scrambling. Now I have been over that one before and some claim it's normal. However, it's quite disturbing to have a maracas out on the street.

I think you should consult an Apple Genius right away.

3. apunkrockmonk, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

apunkrockmonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I plan on it, however I feel like I'm gonna have to bring the phone in in a cooler or something to keep it cold enough to show them the issue I'm having haha.