Temporary Battery Fix

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macky Mac, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Macky Mac macrumors member

After weeks of trial and error I have a solution to the battery drain.

**Turn-off ALL notifications. This is the biggest battery drain of them all!!!! Yes, all of them, not just calendar notification. The main bug has something to do with processor use for notifications.

*Turn-off time zone under locations settings. Actually turn-off iAds, and apple diagnostics as well.

*Turn-off any exchnage push email. This does seems to use more battery then on previous iPhones...not sure why. I still use 1 for work ( I had 2)...battery use is normal.

If you turn-off all off these, you will see a return to normal usage.... untill official Apple fix (coming soon!!)

I have tried everything written on the subject....only turning off notifications had the largest reduction that continued to work.

Every night since I purchased my 4s, my battery drained 20-30% in 6-8 hours...just with stand-by alone. I was lucky to finish a work day. I usually had to charge my phone at work.

2 days ago I used the above written fix (and network reset) and last night went to bed at 10pm, left phone off the charger for testing, unplugged at 5am....Battery dropped 2%. Now thats what it should be...
    I made it for an enire work day...I only used 15%, with some emails, calls, internet, and bluetooth. (light to medium use)

Please try it and report back...

No more watching my battery drop every couple of minutes...

2. rookiezzz macrumors regular

and.. why would you buy a brand new smart phone if you don't use the features :)

3. aleni macrumors 68020

i'd rather put the phone in the cabinet rather than turning off features that's supposed to be on to be a fully smart phone.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Exactly what I did. Went back to my battery sipping iPhone 4

5. Jason black macrumors regular

If you want to save battery, turn off your phone and don't use it at all.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

Hey guys, I have a genius idea for another great battery fix!

***Turn off location services

***Turn off Siri

***Turn off Bluetooth

And most importantly..

***Turn off phone.

My battery lasts a lot longer this way ;)

7. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Should rename the thread - How turning off your phone saves Battery Life...

Or better yet, Why own a Smartphone if you won't use any features...

8. Macky Mac thread starter macrumors member

I think your missing the whole point of what I wrote....TEMPORARY!!!

This is a forum to exchange ideas and discuss issues on a professional and mature level.

Obviously if you purchased a $600 plus phone it should work...however technology is NOT perfect. In this case there is a small bug that causes some phones to not perform to the level expected. A fix is in the works..here is a solution until the fix is officially released.

I posted this because I wanted to be part of the solution.....

What's your contribution to this forum?

9. wellok macrumors 6502

Isn't it common sense that turning off all the features will increase battery life?

10. fins831 macrumors 6502a

lol. I re-read your initial post, its just basically every other post related to your situation...nice touch.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

This OP is really thirsty for battery power. Get it, OP!