Temporary Phone Solutions while I wait for my new phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sammyman, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

What are some good temporary phone solutions while I wait to get my new iPhone 5? My phone sells on eBay tomorrow, and I figure I'll need a temporary 2 week phone...

Anyone doing the same thing?

2. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

Yep. Sent my 4S off for trade-in last week. Rockin' my iPhone 2G right now. EDGE, baby. Your world, delivered.*

*via carrier pigeon.

3. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

I just picked up a Samsung E1080i from Tesco for £9.

[​IMG]

I'll be using it to tide me over from selling my iPhone 4 yesterday to getting the new iPhone in a couple of weeks.

4. anechcka macrumors regular

Find a friend/coworker/relative/anyone that has an old cellphone laying around that they aren't using. Chances are, someone you know has one. Borrow it (free!) and use it for the next 10/11 days. I just found an old cellphone around the house that someone in my family used a few years ago, sold my iPhone, activated the old phone with the help of a Verizon rep. Free and only took about 5 minutes.

5. kannesss macrumors 6502a

6. nickm81us macrumors member

nickm81us

+1. That's what I'm doing.

7. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Using my Motorola Droid for the next week until it's released. I can tell it's been a while since I've used an android phone because it says Android Market & not google play.

Wonder if I can download apps on here anymore lol. Wont matter, I plan on just using texts