I'm starting to get seriously tempted by the 12-inch iBook. I currently have a Ti400, and actually, it works great for what I do (writing, blogging, surfing, a little iPhoto). In fact, it works great for what the *rest* of my family does, too--Warcraft, surfing, even Garageband. That's the problem. When my kids are finished with their homework, they want to use *my* computer, even though we have a functional (if slow) Rev A iBook. Even the wife will default to my computer, just to check her email. I had been steadfastly waiting for the PBG5, but now I'm starting to think of a new approach: get a 12-inch iBook NOW (for the time being, this will be my computer), then upgrade to a fully loaded PBG5 when they are announced, letting the family inherit my iBook. Since the iBook will be less than a year old, they shouldn't be tempted to use my PBG5, right? Here's what I'm thinking of getting (EDU prices): 12-inch iBook Combo drive 60 GB HD Airport Extreme 256 MB RAM built in Price: $1155 512 MB from crucial for $122.99 Total price: $1277.99 This would be a HOT machine, 2.5 times faster than my current computer, which will serve me well for as long as it takes for the PBG5 to come out. In addition, we could use the old iBook as an MP3 server, eliminating the need to buy an iPod, thus the real price of this computer would be closer to $800. Should I buy this machine now, or should I hold out for the PBG5?