Ten bold predictions for September 10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KenAFSPC, Sep 2, 2013.

1. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

1. The next iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5S.

2. The next iPhone won't have a 4.0" screen.

3. The next iPhone will have a higher density screen.

4. The next iPhone won't have an 8 mpixel camera.

5. The next iPhone will provide more than twice the GPU performance of the IP5.

6. The next iPhone will have a finger print scanner that wows skeptics of the feature.

7. The next iPhone will have a home button that does more than scan fingerprints.

8. The next iPhone will have built-in, low latency voice recognition that functions without cellular/wifi connectivity.

9. The minimum configuration will include 32GB.

10. Macosrumors' (and other sites) iPhone 5S roundup will prove to be way off the mark.

What are your predictions?

2. anonnymouse macrumors regular

Well, at least you're taking the same throw-the-darts-at-the-dartboard approach the "analysts" do.

Good work, sir.

You should start a blog!

:p

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I predict we will be wowed by whatever Apple shows us.

Past history is the best predictor.

4. ARSC macrumors 6502

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

And end thread.

Bold predictions, some we've seen, others are obvious shots in the dark. Works for me.

6. noles1983 macrumors regular

2007 past history?
    2010 past history?

Not much wowing in quite a few years

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

8. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

The only time I was "wowed" by apple was when they introduced the iPhone 4 and IPad 1st gen.

----------

Hey hasn't been wowed by apple in years... Does that automatically make him an Android fanboy?

9. noles1983 macrumors regular

10. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Not at all and I didn't call him one. I actually hate the term fanboy.

Being wowed is all relative anyway so none of this really matters.

iOS 7 wowed me. Apple pretty much threw any reason to jailbreak out the window. Sure some things are missing but there's alot more functionality being introduced with the new OS.

11. user-name-here macrumors 65816

To me the only one of the 10 predictions above that is "bold" is #9 ;)

12. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

1. The next iPhone won't be called the iPhone 5S. => No

2. The next iPhone won't have a 4.0" screen. => No

3. The next iPhone will have a higher density screen. => No

4. The next iPhone won't have an 8 mpixel camera. => Yes

5. The next iPhone will provide more than twice the GPU performance of the IP5. => Yes faster but 1.5 times

6. The next iPhone will have a finger print scanner that wows skeptics of the feature. => Yes

7. The next iPhone will have a home button that does more than scan fingerprints. => Yes, HR monitor

8. The next iPhone will have built-in, low latency voice recognition that functions without cellular/wifi connectivity. => No

9. The minimum configuration will include 32GB. => No

10. Macosrumors' (and other sites) iPhone 5S roundup will prove to be way off the mark. => Yes

13. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Another purely speculative thread?
    This one in particular is based on denying most evidence and rumors. So not only speculative, highly unlikely.

The only reasonable point is the 32 GB minimum capacity for the 5S, and of course the fingerprint sensor.

14. Enco macrumors member

Lol.

1. It will be identical to the 5S save for a couple spec upgrades
    2. It'll have a finger scanner to speed up unlocking

Pretty insane.

15. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Guess you haven't kept up with the rumors, have you ? If you didn't notice from history, the "S" models normally only gets a few updates, not a full make over.

1. Possible fingerprint scanner

2. Upgraded CPU (A7)

3. Dual Flash

4. Additional color

5. Better Camera

6. Possibly more storage (128 maybe)

7. Better upgraded battery

16. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

If the last iPhone you had was the 4, that was a long time ago.

17. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I was wowed by siri, the main selling point of the 4S at the keynote. It's still in beta,doesn't do nearly enough, doesn't learn and adapt to your voice, isn't nearly accurate enough for more than scheduling an appt, was way overrated as a main selling point for a phone.

But it worked. People kept buying mediocre software on ios and will probably work again.

18. noles1983 macrumors regular

Yup, i have missed out on nothing special either. Siri blows, stretched screen with the 5..wow.

19. scott99, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

scott99 macrumors 6502a

To each their own. There have been some horrific stories coming out about the Android OS. I am of both worlds as well, have an iPhone 5, and have a Nexus 7 (2013). Both have their weaknesses, and both are lacking in their wow factors in certain functions. I'll take the way you kill apps running in the backround on Apple Products anyday, because I know when I "x" them out, they aren't running anymore. On Android, I click on Advanced Task Killer, 5 minutes later, the same damned app is running in the backround again. I must hit that thing 30 times a day. Simple process, not a wow factor, but Apple does it better, I hate having to kill apps running in the backround on Android (to only come back 5 minutes later despite me not opening it up).

20. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'm 100% certain Apple won't start at 32GB. They make their biggest margins upselling higher storage capacities. 32GB is big enough to persuade a lot more people to not pay the $100 higher capacity tax. That's not good for Apple.

If they do move to offer 128GB then they'll do it the same way as they do with the iPad charging a massive premium from the base model.

21. gmhag macrumors regular

If history of the last two years is any predictor then I am preparing myself to be completely underwhelmed.

I'm starting to think that Apple is thinking colors are going to be the wow factor for the event.

There's never that "one more thing" anymore.

22. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Smart man.

Always expect the worst (when it comes to new iPhone releases) and you'll never be disappointed.

23. hagr182 macrumors regular

1. It will be called 5S

2. The next iPhone will have a 4.0" screen.

3. Possibly, tough I doubt it.

4. I agree.

5. I agree.

6. I agree

7. I think its just gonna double as a FP sensor, time will tell.

8. I hope this is true, ran out of data this month and I am not able to use siri on the go, so annoying.

9. I agree.

10. I disagree.

24. cynics macrumors G3

In Android you swipe apps away from the multitasking menu, been that way for ~2 years. Coincidentally it's the same way in iOS 7.

Don't get too used to those annoying hard to hit red x's because iOS is about to do it like Android does.

Also there are certain background processes Apple doesn't let you see running. If you were able to kill them they'd be back in 5 minutes. Android multitasking is like that now too.

I think you might be referring to Gingerbread maybe?

25. GBR macrumors 6502

I cannot even put into words how much I wish these predictions would come true. I really think its time for apple to surprise everybody.

The invitations did read "this should brighten EVERYONE'S day", does this include those who want a larger screen??