Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c2kvette

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
I'm putting together a list of "Ten Questions to Ask Yourself Before Puchasing a Computer" to send though email - my main goal is for people to read the list and realize after they answer these questions to purchase a Mac. I've only got a few I can think of right now, just wanted to see if we could come up with some really good ones.

1.) Do you like having Internet viruses infecting your computer?

2.) Do you like restarting your computer?

3.) Do you prefer cheap workmanship over quality made products?

4.) Do you enjoy spending hours troubleshooting problems?

5.) Do you enjoy recreating important documents because of OS instability?

If you answered "YES" to all of these questions then you should purchase a Microsoft Windows compatible PC.

If you answered "NO" to all of these questions then you should purchase an Apple Macintosh product from http://www.apple.com

couch potato

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2003
do you enjoy a cool looking computer, or a boring grey box? heh that question doesn't really matter:)

Do you like recieving updates to your OS often?

Do you like a user-friendly OS, or a virus friendly OS :D

What kind of name is Microsoft anyway:D

Then again what kind of name is apple:D

Do you want to use a future technology? Or a failing one?

ill have to think of more

pagemap

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2003
Change #3 to this:

3. Do you prefer mediocre craftsmanship over impeccable design and flawless attention to detail?

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: Ten Questions to Ask Yourself.....

Originally posted by c2kvette
I'm putting together a list of "Ten Questions to Ask Yourself Before Puchasing a Computer" to send though email - my main goal is for people to read the list and realize after they answer these questions to purchase a Mac. I've only got a few I can think of right now, just wanted to see if we could come up with some really good ones.

If you answered "YES" to all of these questions then you should purchase a Microsoft Windows compatible PC.

If you answered "NO" to all of these questions then you should purchase an Apple Macintosh product from http://www.apple.com

A question for you:
1. Do you enjoy receiving spam from people you don't know who try to push their own agenda?

If you answered Yes, than read further, if you answered No, than block the dude.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Some people are getting very affected by the summer vacations. :rolleyes:

I remember the times when there was something called bicicle and soccer or even archery... old fassion ways to spend your time under the sun light:cool:

c2kvette

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Re: Re: Ten Questions to Ask Yourself.....

Originally posted by tazo
A question for you:
1. Do you enjoy receiving spam from people you don't know who try to push their own agenda?

If you answered Yes, than read further, if you answered No, than block the dude.

Well actually I was just going to send this to people I know. Kinda like a joke. Chill dude.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-c2kvette

Gee, any bias in your questionnaire's wording? :D

In all seriousness though. If you want your questions to be used as an honest informative, or switcher fodder, you might want to remove the emotion and bias from it a bit. You are onto something.

Independence

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
United States
in all the years i've owned PCs i've only had one virus and that was due to a screw up on my part (and no, it wasn't that msblaster worm).

i direct your attention to this thread. read on through it. you'll know what i'm talking about when you see it.

as long as it looks good and it's reliable, i'll use it.

i didn't realize it took hours to troubleshoot problems. i realize some people don't know how to use a computer but the rest of us can fix problems in a reasonable amount of time.

i once again direct your attention to this thread. macs aren't perfect. therefore, it's not a good idea to pimp them by spamming. let people use what works best for them (and lay off the email questionairs, people hate them).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.