Tenacious D.-like song about Janis Varoufakis, Greek minister of awesome :-)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cox Orange, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Cox Orange, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

I wanted to share this funny song with you. (Hear till the end, so you don't misunderstand the funny German self-sarcasm at the beginning, because of the citations).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afl9WFGJE0M

(tried to embed the link, but it would not show in TenFourFox, so for convenience there is just the link)

Enjoy. :)

Some more info comes up in this discussion http://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/2x7lwv/v_for_varoufakis_german_magazine_has_produced_a/ so if you don't understand everything you will get some information from reading the posts there perhaps.

A reapering theme in the last two weeks show was an interlude "who is he? - Yanis Whatthe****is" because his name sounds so similar. :)

For those (maybe non-Europeans) who didn't hear it in the media: Greece has elected a new left government that announced to show the German government and the EU Troica the middle finger. The media was some kind of thankful for the "acting" of the new greek minister of finance. He went to the discussions with just a usual shirt and jeans or with a jacket with the collar put up and drove there with a motorbike (ironically German parliament had that era in their history already, when the Greens went into parliament as an elected party in the 80ies with walking-shoes/sneakers, jeans, long hair and flowers on their desks and one saying "with all due respect you are an a..-hole mr. head of parliament" (so Varoufakis plan of shocking was kind of a dead ridden horse for the present conservative minister of finance. :)

2. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Danke.

Well it made me smile.:)

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yeah, it's hilarious.

4. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

I like the verses similar to movies (V for Vendetta and The Walking Death). Also liked the verse about the German minister of finance "our's doesn't even have legs" (I know that is harsh humor, but since it is our's, I think I can laugh about it ;) )

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

"Facebook friends with Voldemort?" Very clever, and very, very funny; thanks for posting this. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

6. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

From "the skin of German Shepherd puppies" was what I think the lyrics said…….

9. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

When you click the video isn't there subtitles? In the subtitles it says "German Shepherd puppies" :)

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

[​IMG]

That shirt looks like it is about to explode, showering innocent bystanders with button shrapnel.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

What's with the dangling arms? Reminiscent of an SNL character.

12. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Yaeh, looks like Jimmy Kimmel bending over, after he has done a joke. :)