Tenn. Green-Lights Discrimination

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, May 24, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, add Tennessee to the list of places I won;t be visiting any time soon. :mad:

So not only is discrimination OK, but trying to get information is wrong too. WTF is wrong with people?

Get ready- the war against the wackos is just beginning.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/05/23/Tenn_Green_Lights_Discrimination/

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

Wow. I'm originally from Tennessee, and this makes me really angry. Of course, I just live in a different backwoods state! I'm sure the same thing will be coming here soon...the Repubs like to follow one another in a group.

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

You really have to wonder why someone would support removal of discrimination protection from a group of minorities, because the only reason I can come up with is that they simply have a hatred towards that group.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Where are the media and Democratic Party to shine a light on all the crazy **** Republicans are doing across the south and midwest?

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's just Teh Gheys. We don't matter.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

The idea of a liberal media is a scam. It's corporate owned media, and anything that doesn't further its profit interest is ignored.

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It should be quite clear by now that we are hated by the right. They're obviously doing anything they can to show us just that. Anyone who now doubts this, it's time for you to wake up.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

All I can say is that I hope the United States continues on the general trend of granting rights to gays and lesbians. These ridiculous pieces of legislation are the last gasps of an extremist Christian movement that is dying. These laws will not last long.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I hope not. This is by far the scariest thing they've done yet. I mean- this is is quite serious.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It reeks of desperation. The communities that passed anti-discrimination policies in Tennessee clearly have more enlightened citizens who will not suddenly change their opinions because of this legislation. Anyone who turns on a TV now eventually sees positive examples of healthy, sane, LGBT people.

I admit, its a very disturbing bit of legislation. However, it is not a surprise from a movement that wants the entire country to be a Christian theocracy.

12. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

No they don't Lee they love you....they just know your sinners, your way of life is wrong and thus you deserve no rights.

Thats the party line right?

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Never, for one minute, underestimate these people.

That's their excuse anyway.

14. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I can't believe that the right has any support in the US. I mean really, what the ****.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

There are a lot of stupid people in this country.

16. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

States like Tennessee (along with Texas and Arkansas) are full of inbred, whiskey tango rednecks. I have absolutely no idea about their intelligence, but their educational level is inversely proportional with how religious they are.

17. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Hey can I borrow that broad brush you are using there. I've got some painting to do this weekend and it sure would make the job go much faster. I mean, you covered three entire states in one stroke, painting my garage should be super easy.

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

While he is exaggerating, it IS getting really bad in those places. This is something I never imagined happening. If these people are not representative of states like yours, then fight back and stop them.

Because saying, "We're not all like that" is not enough if most are like that.

19. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Sure - you can borrow it any time you like :D But please be careful with that brush - it's my favourite one!

20. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Fear not Lee, I have no doubt change is on the horizon. In my opinion, efforts to legislate morality are misplaced and do not produce lasting change.

Sweet! I can see why it's your favorite, but I'm not sure I'm up to the task of weilding such a powerful tool effectively.

21. iJohnHenry, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Don't worry, there are many here who are up to the task.

22. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

The only problem is the people who get hurt along the way. This is absolute insanity.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

First they came for the gays, and I said nothing...

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Gays today...

Other religions tomorrow...

Christians that don't have the EXACT same views the day after that...

:eek:

25. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Hopefully. Depends on how the law is written.

Amendment 2 was written to wipe out protections and to prevent them from ever being enacted--the latter being the reason the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Colorado Supreme Court in finding it to violate the U.S. Constitution.