Terrible backlighting [PICS] w/ Late 2008 MBP. Tell me what to do!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skythefly13, Jun 26, 2009.

1. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

Ok, so I have pretty much dealt with this problem long enough. Ever since I got my 15" 2.4 MBP, I have been irritated with the pretty nasty backlighting. As you can see, it is both on the bottom (like it usually is), and there is even a small spot (middle right) that almost looks like something was spilled/leaked/etc. on the display itself behind the glass. I have taken extremely good care of this laptop and it has come nowhere close to liquid, so I am really confused as to what that is. Pressing on the screen (lightly of course!) does nothing to this spot, so I don't know what think about it. I am thinking about calling up Apple since my nearest Apple store is about 2 hours away. What do you guys think?

EDIT: This spot on the middle-right of the screen is NOT from the trailer I was playing, it is there on any black picture/screen. It kind of looks like a reflection, even, but it isn't!

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is 10:45 pm. (where you are)
    Get a good night's rest and get up to go to Apple tomorrow and show them. May as well schedule an appointment online tonight.

That is not within spec if you ask me.

Sweet dreams.

3. skythefly13 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the sweet dreams I guess :confused:? I would much rather just send it in if they would provide the same kind of exchange/service as a genius appt., plus that means I could avoid driving for a few hours! Would they actually replace the whole MBP or just put in a new display??

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

If they actually even acknowledge there is an issue (about a 50% chance they won't care), then they will send it in for repair.