Terrible WiFi file transfer speeds on Bootcamp (late 2013 rMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sevimli, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sevimli, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

sevimli macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I am happy with my file transfer speeds on OSX. I have apple 801.11ac router, and usually get 875-1025Mbps connection speeds. I do transfer files to/from NAS drive.

First time today I tried to transfer some big files on windows 8.1 (bootcamp), that was insanely slow. I even moved my laptop next to the router, nothing changed.

Windows network settings report 155-175Mbps connection speeds. Wireless drivers are up-to-date and installed correctly, there is no unknown device in device manager as well.

Is this a common issue that I missed? I was really hoping that I would finally get rid of the network cable... :confused::eek:

2. cbautis2 macrumors 6502a

Apple's WLAN drivers for Windows is not the best since Apple only optimize OS X. Just use Parallel's desktop and you're transfer speeds will be back to normal.

3. sevimli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for this! Didn't know about the driver issue.

Yeah I thought about it, indeed I have the Parallels 8, unfortunately it won't detect my Boot Camp Windows 8.1 partition. Since I do not have another windows key available, I cannot install another windows. :(