tests to run on new 13" MacBook Pro to ensure it has no issues? (last day to return)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beethovengirl, Jul 2, 2012.

1. beethovengirl macrumors regular

Hi,

When I got an early 2008 MacBook, I had a kernel panic within the first 2 weeks of use, so I exchanged it even though there were no obvious hardware defects. I'm glad I did so since I can count on one hand the number of kernel panics I've had on that MacBook through over 4 years of ownership.

On the other hand, my husband's mid-2010 13" MacBook Pro has a kernel panic once every month or two.

Are there any tests I can run on my new 13" MacBook Pro to ensure it's stable, has no issues, etc?

I've done Disk Utility, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do that has the potential to induce a kernel panic if my MacBook Pro has stability issues like my husband's.

Today is my last day to return my MacBook Pro if I discover it has any issues.

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Have you tried running the Apple Hardware Test?

The AHT contains a suite of diagnostics that will test the hardware of your computer. It's a great way to rule out a hardware issue when troubleshooting your computer.