Tethering on AT&T unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayman30, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jayman30 macrumors newbie

So does anyone know if AT&T will tolerate jailbreak tethering on an unlimited plan now that the new over 3GB throttling rules are in place? Or will they still send nasty texts telling you to stop or get switched to a tiered plan?

Thanks!

Jay

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt they will tolerate it.
    They will probably continue doing what they were doing before.
    Send you a warning and if they catch you again switch you away from the unlimited data plan to a plan that includes official tethering.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why would they tolerate something that goes in direct violation of their ToS?

4. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

It would be good to hear from someone that IS on a tiered plan and uses something like MyWi to tether, to see if they ever got any texts.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

On a tiered plan they will send a text that you are nearing your limit and then another when you go over your limit, and then charge $10 per additional GB used.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

They will send you nasty texts and then place you on the tiered tethering plan.

This change in their throttling policy hasn't changed the fact that they'd rather get as much people off Unlimited data as they can. Catching you violate the TOS is an easy inducement for them because you've now given them the perfect reason to force you off unlimited, and onto a plan that charges you more money. No way are they gonna ignore that.

----------

I don't use MyWi, but they've been very clear: only the 5GB plan (and the 4GB plan before it) can be used to tether. On the 2/3GB plans, it's still not permitted.