Texas ‘good guy with a gun’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 2, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

But, but, but, this is not what Mr. LaPierre has told us.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/tex...ots-carjacking-victim-in-head-then-runs-away/

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Car theft is way less bad than someone's death.

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

Texas good guy is likely an oxymoron. #secedealready

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Where does it say the perp was a "good guy?" Good guys don't gather up their spent shells and flee the scene. More likely it was some gangbangers angry because some other gangbangers were jacking a car in their neighborhood.

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's a pretty big leap of logic, with no evidence to back it up.

6. aaronvan, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Circumstantial evidence:

Probably not a good samaritan. While it's supposition at this point--and maybe it was a do-gooder bystander who panicked--I doubt it. I bet Houston PD doubts it as well.

7. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It is an odd story. What's your theory?

You don't want any "good samaritan" firing away without believing he had a clean shot. So was he an incredibly misguided samaritan? Or did the circumstances change suddenly, where his clean shot quickly shifted into a bad decision? Or did he fire into the group with recklessly or with malicious intent?

I don't expect most common criminals take the time to pick up their spent shells. That's a curious thing to do. Who knows? Maybe that's the thing to do these days ... pick up one's shells.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I thought that was interesting behavior, too. Could have been a frightened citizen; could have been an intelligent criminal. Anton Chighur always picked-up his spent shells.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It is a little sus, but it doesn't say much of anything about the person either way, other than he knows enough to cover his own tracks.

Though whether it was a good guy with a gun, or a bad guy, it doesn't matter. The end result would be the same regardless. This is the major reason why I don't want your average everyday Joe walking around itching to do good with a gun. They're just as likely to hurt who they're saving as they are the people they're taking a stand again. Shot in the head is shot in the head, regardless of the initial intentions for the bullet.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Wow. One look at the main page of that site raw story and it tells you all you need to know about its reporting. And you guys go on and on about Faux News?

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Rawstory cites local media as their source, specifically KHOU. The story was also reported by abc13. It makes no mention of the victim being shot. I can't tell you whether either is accurately reported. I can't find anything more up to date on this.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde