Texas Detective: 12-Year-Old Raped In CVS Bathroom Wasn’t ‘Necessarily All That Unwilling’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 4, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

as sick as this is it is worse to start victim blaming. but this is Texas so not sure what to expect. the comments are really bad trying to link this with what would happen if the prop that failed went through.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/1...m-wasnt-necessarily-all-that-unwilling-video/

2. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This is not victim blaming. The detective appears to be explaining the circumstances. If there was no violence involved, it helps answers some questions as to how this occurred. It's even in your quote.

The comments regarding Prop 1 are just troll comments.

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

but I bet a lot of people believe it. I just hope the judge is not one of those that will say she is partly at fault. it has happened way too often.

4. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

The Judge's personal opinion should not matter. The guy broke the law plain as day. Statutory rape is still rape.:mad: He needs to spend time in the big house. And I hope he drops his soap during his stay.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

it should not but there have been several cases where the judge did not give the guy much of a sentence because they blamed the girl. those judges usually got reamed by the public and sometimes by their higher ups but it should not happen.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

Could it rightfully be said that this thread has soared up high, but then wavered somewhat and then popped like a dud?

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The article is still not sensible. The commenters hang on every word, even though the detective's description may have been more accurate. If the detective said she was raped, people would assume violence was involved rather than just the ability to grant consent. In this case it may be investigated as statutory rape given the comment, or there may be charges beyond that. Making assumptions about what judge will be assigned to the case doesn't change any of that.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

To all those against the death penalty, I bid you a prime example of a worthless turd sucking in our air that needs to be permanently extinguished and forgotten about. Anyone who rapes a child at age 12 is sick, period-end of story. End them and don't even mention them again. There's ZERO reason to save them or even attempting to "rehabilitate" them.

/Rant.

9. Populism, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Well, keep in mind, it's addictinginfo.org we're talking about. It is the foxnews.com of the Left - the difference being the Left doesn't call out addictinginfo.org.

10. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I'm surprised it wasn't another illegal alien doing the raping in this case. It happens all the time in states like CA and TX.