Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Apr 18, 2014.

1. steve knight, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014

steve knight Suspended

steve knight

not only was this just screwed up for going on so long but how it was death with afterwords. They want to try him again? I mean he would have been out on parol 12 years ago no matter what. Texas really sucks when it comes to humans who are not rich and white males.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-holding-man-hostage-12-600-days-060500679.html

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It looks like it is time for a team of good lawyers… A few pro bono ones that want to make headlines to file a Writ of Habeas Corpus and get this party started. His loss in the state court just frees them up to take this federal.

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

yes he needs help I doubt he is even capable of asking himself.
    What kind of judge would do this?

4. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I don't disagree with you on what happened here, but your last sentence is kind of random and out there. I take it you are a Texas hater...My guess because they are a red state :)

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

we just see some pretty horrible things happen to people in jail in texas people killed when they have IQ's too low to know what they did was bad never proven they were actually guilty.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Crap like this is why I am against the death penalty. Our justice system screws up way too much and I have no faith in them to not execute innocent people.

Look at that spoiled little **** who got off on the affluenza defense for an example of how rich white males are treated by the Texas justice system.

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Texas isn't the only state deciding that someone is a bit too wealthy to do well in prison. A Delaware child molestor was spared prison for the same reason. And that is a blue state, the home state of our Vice President.

One Percenter Convicted of Raping Child Dodges Jail Because 'He Will Not Fare Well'"

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's no better when any state does it. But I'm not sure what Biden has to do with this. You're not going to blame him for it, are you? :rolleyes:

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Not this time, no shotgun was fired into the air. :cool:

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That was a ridiculous case in the sense that they couldn't guarantee security, yet they wouldn't even impose house arrest.

11. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

This is a crime perpetrated by the State of Texas. Where the heck are the lawyers at?