Texas officer on leave after video shows him pushing teen pulling a gun and acting racist

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jun 8, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well this cop well crazy pulling a gun and all. the list video shows it with a lot of cussing on the cops part the second is a interview with the girl.

http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:bdb7c20c1e654482adf3478f771bc987

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

In the video within the first 30 seconds or so, a police man runs by and does some sort of roll as if to avoid enemy fire! Pretty exciting.

Anyway through the video it's unclear what these people are being arrested for.

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

I know it was a pool party and some neighbors saw black kids and freaked out there were a coupe of gate crashes and thats what they were there for I guess. but they only made the black kids get on the ground.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

5. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This being America in 2015, we can just be thankful that he didn't SHOOT her.:mad:

6. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

he came close to shooting someone waving his gun around.

7. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

If it wasn't in a posh american suburb road, it wouldn't look that dissimilar to a scene from the apartheid era.

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

If those kids had no right to be in this private location, were told to leave, but refused then it appears as if the cop just did his job.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I read they were at a public pool when I first read about it, last night..... I can't remember where that was though.

I don't think pulling a gun on an unarmed 14 year old for answering back can be considered "doing his job" by any stretch of the imagination.......

11. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Only one or two kinds were gate crashing the test were invited. I found a interview with the girl weren't she talked about ones of the homeowners was very racist against her.

12. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

To me the policeman acts like a hothead and the kids are just being curious just like all stupid teenagers!

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

I only saw half the video and he does act terribly unprofessional. It's hard to tell from the video what exactly is going on or why there are so many cops in the first place.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Police officer screaming at a teenage girl he has just violently assaulted; jamming her face into the ground; with his knee on her back as she cries for her mother.

Let's just parse this out, shall we?

If the young woman in question had actually committed a crime (I dunno: littering; public intoxication; disturbing the peace) the police officer would be justified in arresting her and taking her to jail.

But of course, she did none of those things. She was guilty of being a young African-American person someplace the cops didn't think she ought to be. And apparently failed to obey their illegal orders in a manner that was sufficiently subservient.

And the cop knew damned well she had committed no crime. Otherwise why would have said it. Violent, racist bullies. That cop needs to lose his job. He needs to lose his house paying restitution to the girl he humiliated like that.

Everything wrong with American policing right there.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so WHERE is the racist part?

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

First, the whole thing that supposedly triggered this incident was a racist comment from an older white woman at the pool. Second, I know being a police officer is a hard job, but it's pretty clear the officer waving his gun had lost it. We all do. Yet there has to be consequences of that.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

LINK to that racist comment please.

from another link.
    http://news.yahoo.com/mckinney-texas-police-pool-party-video-205421706.html

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So let's treat a bunch of kids going to the pool like it's a full scale riot! Comeon, guys. It'll be fun!

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

from the first link .

you have a stack of morons fighting & you are asked to leave.

at what point do you think the party was over? when the residents asked you to leave? when private security asked you to leave? when the cops asked you to leave?

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I don't think some of you understand the concept of appropriate response. Two of the officers were doing their job, diffusing the situation, and corralling the kids together. That third cop? He went a little too gung ho, which agitated these kids to the point they themselves felt threatened.

The worst part is that he pulled his gun not because he was facing a potential threat to life and limb, but to exert his authority in front of a bunch of lippy suburban teenagers who's only real crime was arguing with him.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the video does not tell the full story, per the links the morons were fighting & refusing to leave.
    YES the cop over reacted & he will pay for it. the girl did not feel threatened, otherwise she would have left when she was asked to leave multiple times.

I am still waiting for the racist part to show up. that was implied by the OP and a few here.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

What happened before, and what happened during are two entirely separate incidents. They before explains why the cops are there. The during shows this one guy indiscriminately going after people who were just standing around.

He escalated a situation that wasn't that dire to begin with. Yeah, there was probably a good heated argument or a fight. That tends to happen when dip**** teenagers congregate. Hormones and whatnot. But it wasn't exactly like the entire crowd was out of control, destroying property, and tipping cars over. He overexerted authority where it was unneeded, and became an agitator himself because of it.

The only thing I can find is this interview with one of the girls involved. Haven't watched it yet, but it's apparently something.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we don't know that they were just standing around, seems the cops had an idea of who was involved , that is why he was telling others to leave, he sat a few of the clowns down & told the rest to disperse , watch the video. the cop is on leave .
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...0709313&PID=4003003&SID=iao61aviac0117wu00dth
    when you watch the video, the racist crap was by some residents from the area, not the cops.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I've watched the video linked above. You can see the contrast between professional and idiot. It's kinda funny. You have the one cop explaining that they shouldn't run from the police when they see them, then the other cop comes in to show exactly why some people do.

You have a point. In the end, the police were doing their job as they saw it, responding to a disturbance. The kids thought they were invited to a pool party, while their allegedly racist neighbors ended up being a little too spooked by this sudden congregation of dark skinned people. The police were caught in the middle on this one.

But this more than anything explains why the police should approach these kinds of scenarios with a level head, which is the complete opposite of what our bad cop on display did. The situation would have never had a chance to get of hand if he didn't get out of hand himself.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

things seemed out of hand before the cops got there, the racist woman who assaulted the teen needs to be jailed if the claims on your video are true. pause video at 4:32