Texas schoolgirl shoots fellow student then kills herself

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 15, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

its sad when a teen girl has to resort to a gun to solve her issues.
    but the reason I am posting this is one cop shot another as they did not know who was who. this is the problem with people with guns in a crazy situation no one will know who is the bad or good guy.
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN11E25F

2. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Not a White, Christian male for once. I am amazed.

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Make sure you get your whole head in front of the shotgun.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

You know, it's sad when any person of any age of any color or other physical attribute or segregation-inducing label has to resort to violence, especially over a perceived injustice that may or may not be real.

Or is there a perceived mental illness on the shooter's part that's harder to quantify and control than responding to bullying? Or a school that quietly condones bullying and hopes the victims remain quiet as opposed to demanding the school administrative officials do their jobs in the way a civilized society might expect.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Right, if she had a pipe bomb then we'd know who the bad person was.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you don't have a chip, you have a mountain in your shoulder.

thoughts with the families.

7. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Last time I looked whites weren't particularly over represented in school shootings in the US , males were and I didn't see much about religion.

8. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Where did you last "look"? Source?

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

this has nothing to do with color or religion. may be about bulling but I don't see much info about that.
    but it does show unless you somehow are marked as the good guy and have a gun you may be a target.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What are you trying to say here? I read it multiple times and I am failing to see
    1)What you are trying to convey
    B) How it relates to the situation being discussed.

11. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I posted this showing how the good guy with the gun got shot in the confusion. How a teacher being armed could turn out far worse then a shot in the leg.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Okay thank you, I honestly wasn't trying to be a smart aleck. Cops get shot like that a lot.

13. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I know I am not clear my problem explaining things. yes accidents happen. so what happens if more people are armed in such situation?

14. daflake macrumors 6502a

--- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    What do you mean? In this situation, there was a school shooter. As a CCW, I am not going to charge in to save the day, that is the cops job. If I was walking by and a cop saw my gun, I would simply comply until they could ascertain my innocence. This means that I DO NOT touch my gun or make any move towards it. You allow the police to disarm you. We have talked about this before, I am not sure why this is so confusing for you.

15. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It was a while ago but I think it was this one.

https://schoolshooters.info/

2000 to now 55 shooters , 52% white , 20% black , 21% asian , 9% latino , 3% middle eastern , 5% native american
    (there are a few multiracial shooters)

Primary and secondary school school population is about 55% white. Adult population higher.

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_cge.asp

Where did you source figures for the race/gender and religion of school shooters?

16. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I guess you have not heard of arming teachers and school personnel?

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

90% of the time while not at work I am armed. I have no intention of seeking and destroying the bad guy, I carry so I can eject myself from the situation, and my firearm is only there for me to use if the attacker is blocking me from that goal. I do not agree with seeking out and engaging as a permit holder, that's the job of the police, they get paid to do that, and their family will get benefits if they are killed.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You sound disappointed.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't believe that those promoting armed teachers are recommending seeking out the target, but hunkering down with a way to defend your students.

20. daflake macrumors 6502a

What Drew said... Having a CCW does not make you the cops. What it does do is allow you to potentially stop someone intent on killing you. Teacher locks kids in room and is armed just in case bad guy breaks in.

For some reason you seem to think that just because a person is carrying that they are seeking their own justice. That simply does not happen like you think that it does.

21. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

it's texas you really believe that? the good guy with a gun will take out the bad guy with a gun. guns tend to make people feel brave and makes them foolish sometimes.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Thank you for posting and helping to prove my point. You have shown that Whites do commit most of the school shootings in this country. I wasn't only writing about school shooters, I was speaking in general about gun violence. White, Christian males are the greatest threat where mass shooting incidences are concerned.

23. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I am not for "Arming random teachers", but if a teacher is already has a CCW, I have no problem with the state or school district giving them annual qualification exams and allow them to carry if they pass a preset amount of qualifications and are in good mental health.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Whose preconceived notions are you verifying with that statement?

25. daflake macrumors 6502a

Considering I am FROM TEXAS YES, I DO!

You really do live in fantasy land.

Do all people in your state hug trees and drive a Prius?