Text messages comin in late

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TIMBACK, Oct 14, 2012.

1. TIMBACK macrumors member

TIMBACK

Most of the time my text messages are coming in late, I have the new iPhone 5 on AT&T , never had this problem with 4s , is anyone else having this problem?
    I reset the phone and I reset the network, still not working like it should, I had iMessage on , so I figured it was iMessage , I turned it off and still texts come in late, not all the time but close to 50%.
    Any suggestions ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. TIMBACK thread starter macrumors member

TIMBACK

For instance all of sudden I get 12 texts that were sent 3 hours before, the time stamp showing it was sent at an earlier time.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Gotcha - that is odd.

A quick google revealed that its a problem plaguing ATT. In one case the user had his SIM card replace which fixed the solution. I'd say try that

5. TIMBACK thread starter macrumors member

TIMBACK

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

Do you ever check the messages app to see if you have any new messages? There have been a couple people, including me, reporting that the notifications are coming in really late. The messages are there, but no notification is shown until way later.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

This with a text or iMessage? My wife once never got the message because her iMessages is off on her phone but it wasn't on her iPad. Her iPad got the message instead.

8. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187