text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silver163, Nov 8, 2011.

1. silver163 macrumors newbie

Right now I am in a situation in which I need produce text messages in order to prove my story, the good part is that I been using DiskAid to save all my text messages the bad is that it was all saved in a editable text file. So right now I need to get these messages back on my iPhone so I can create screenshots. I know that iTunes uses a database to store the text messages in so my question is, would it be possible to add in text messages from the past and have it all work? If so what be the best method to do this?

2. silver163 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not going to happen, has no bearing on this. I just need to know if injecting the text message DB would result in what I am hoping to achieve.

3. ac921ol macrumors regular

yeah interestred inthe story too, lol

but to be honest with you, I think once you have transferred them out of the phone on diskaid, you have lost them on the phone forever. I dont think shooting the DB would work and transfer them in to the text convo you are hoping for. sorry, best of luck with the troubles.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

5. silver163 thread starter macrumors newbie

this is not an issue with a girl, it involves fraud.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

In which case the best thing is to get legal advice from an attorney before making (or attempting to make) any modifications to the texts stored on the phone.

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

This thread should go along way to helping you, assuming the files still exist in your iTunes files hackintosh forums

8. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

This sounds bogus. There's no reason to have to inject text messages back into your history unless you are trying to defraud someone else.

If you want an un-molested copy of your SMS messages then have your lawyer subpeona them from your carrier. Your carrier keeps that data for as little as 6 months and as long as 18 months in case law enforcement wants to look at it.

This means that if you try something shady like faking your message history, then it will be a relatively simple matter for anyone to compare the file on your device to AT&T/T-mobile/Sprint/Verizon's record (and your efforts will blow up in your face. Good luck convincing a judge of anything once you've perjured yourself and falsified evidence)