Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
For the longest time I've been working on creating a nice movie in iMovie, and I'm having the worst time getting text into the movie without it looking AWFUL after it's rendered. It gets all distorded looking and goofed up when I try to do anything with text. (Title, credits, etc.)

Is there a secret to this? What fonts are the best for it? How about font size and style? I'm really stuck here and can't figure this out.

Thanks!

galveston

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2003
I've found that the text looks horrible when viewing it THROUGH iMovie's preview and playback modes....though once exported to a high rez, low compressed quicktime file, the text is very sharp and suits me fine. Have you tried exporting and seeing how the text looks then?

stoid

macrumors 601
iMovie plays back text based on the DV compression. TVs operate on an entirely different standard and system and refresh that a computer monitor. Those titles as rendered in iMovie, are done so that they will look good on a TV. As tex said, if you export to a high quality format (not to iDVD as that maintains the same playback idea) you will get a text graphic that looks sharp and crisp on the computer screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.